Author Topic: Mic hijacking in android devices  (Read 821 times)

Offline Mau55

Mic hijacking in android devices
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
I'm search a anti virus capable to detect witch is causing my smartphone Mic hijack. First i saw my callings became alike in mute, either by cell or whatsapp calls. After i test recording in the recorder and whatsapp messages, all without any sound. I thought a android or hardware damage, so i reset the phone MI6 and instead of use the backup, reinstall all apps, using only those internal app backups. Initially it solved, but after two weeks, again the calls became mute, but i tried to record my voice on app recorder, it sent many times a message that other app was connecting to the Mic and the record couldn't be done. When i did the same in whatsapp, it freezed. I took out the permit of all apps to access mic, except the recorder, but unsuccessful. After rebooting the cell, i didn't got other error messages or freeze on recorder or whatsapp, but stay the Mic mute. Avast, Karpesky or MI6 native safety  app were not capable to find anything.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Mic hijacking in android devices
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »
See what Virus Total Mobile will detect on your device both on User Apps and on System Apps.
Curious what a scan with this app may come up with in your case.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!