Author Topic: Browser Freezes  (Read 1989 times)

Offline gb2161

Browser Freezes
« on: August 03, 2019, 12:03:00 PM »
I have been using the Avast Secure Browser of a couple of months.  Works fine,  But lately I am experiencing an increasing number lockout freezes requiring me to use the Windows Task Manager to close the browser.  As other times page loading seems to freeze the browser and then the screen goes blanks (black) and the browser appears to reboot itself.  Last URL to cause this was : https://news.sky.com/story/police-officer-injured-after-being-dragged-by-fleeing-suspects-car-during-chase-11776248

Offline Adam H

• Quality Assurance Software Tester
  • Avast team
Re: Browser Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:23:28 PM »
Hello,
I'm afraid that the cause can be far more things than we can investigate. Do you use any other browsers too? My guess is that the problem is not in our browser, but somewhere else - probably in your computer itself. What OS do you run? How many processor cores do you have and what is their speed? How big RAM do you have installed? Do you have free disk space? Here is one more thing you can do:
Our browser runs on the same core as Google Chrome. Try Google Chrome for a while. If it freezes too from time to time, than there is nothing we can do, you can try to report the problem to Chromium developers.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for late reply.

Your Avast Browser Tester
Thank you so much for being with us.
Adam H