Author Topic: Can't synch or back-up  (Read 6204 times)

Offline isac10

Can't synch or back-up
« on: August 04, 2019, 07:53:04 PM »
Hi.

I'm trying to synchronize my Avast Passwords. If I do this from my Android it says "Pending authorization to account". I must authorize access from another already authorized account. I don't have that.

If I do it from my PC it wants me to open Avast Passwords from another synchronized device. I don't have that either.

What do I do?

Thanks

Offline 1109797

Re: Can't synch or back-up
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 05:26:37 AM »
I got the same question here, just want to sync the data from Cloud when i changed a new phone.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:39:51 PM »
@ isac10:
  • Because you have previously set up the synchronization feature, our system requires you to use the previously-synchronized device (a Samsung Galaxy) to authorize the new device. If you no longer have this device (or if the device you are trying to synchronize now is the same device as was previously synchronized), you could instead use the Backup Email to authorize the new device. However, I can see that the link sent in your email has expired. I have sent you a replacement link via PM instead now. Please see this support article for instructions on how to use the Backup Email (please open the replacement link instead of clicking the "Restore" button in the email): https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/92
  • If you are not able to synchronize the device using the Backup Email, the alternative is for me to delete your existing synchronization group so that you can start the synchronization process again. If you would like me to do this, please post a reply in this topic stating that you understand that doing this will delete any existing data stored in the cloud.

@1109797:
  • Our system is requiring you to use an already-synchronized device to authorize the new device and gain access to the data stored in the cloud. From the log for your synchronization group, it appears that the original device may have been de-synchronized (by uninstalling the Passwords app or deleting the local data).
  • The only way to authorize the new device (and synchronize the data stored in the cloud) is by using the Backup Email sent to your email address on 19-Jun-2016. Please see this support article for instructions on how to do this: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/92

Offline Alessandro208

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
Hi,

sorry to disturb but I have the same issue. The first device sychronized was probably a Windows PC and I do not retrieve any email from you with the code.

Is it possible to receive another email / message to let me sync all the devices?

regards

alessandro

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 03:56:16 PM »
Hi Alessandro208,

It looks like the first device you synced was actually an Huawei Android device, and it is still set as authorized in the sync group. If you still have the device and haven't uninstalled or deleted the data/cache from the Avast Passwords app, then you could use it to authorize your subsequent devices according to the instructions in this support article: https://support.avast.com/article/255/#idt_020

Fortunately, the link in your Backup email expired, so a new link was generated for you. I have sent you the replacement link now in a PM, so you can use it to re-sync your devices if you do not have access to the original Huawei device. Please follow the instructions in this support article (using the replacement link rather than the "Restore" button in the email): https://support.avast.com/article/92/

Offline fvmb

• Being a teacher implies that we stay learning!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
Hi, i have the same problem i can´t sync or backup because i change my password for the account and i don´t remember the last password. o don´t any device now coonected, so i need the last password. Can you reset this somehow?

Help me please.

Kind Regards,

Offline Dunozilla

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »
Hi Avast,
I am having the same issue. I can't authorise any new devices (PC, Huawei, iPad, all three are affected), I don't remember which device I used during the first setup, and I can't find the "restore" email in my archive. Please help!

Offline KubaV

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:16:13 PM »
@fvmb
I am sorry however there is no way to reset the last password for your my.avast.com account. The only way to resolve this now is to reset your Passwords vault completely. This will allow you to set up a Passwords vault on your Avast account again however all data in the current Passwords vault will be irreversibly removed.

@Dunozilla
Unfortunately, it seems that the original device has been de-synchronized and without the restore email, I can only offer you the reset of your Passwords vault. This action will remove all data from the current online Passwords vault and it will allow you to set up synchronization of Passwords on your Avast account again.

Offline fvmb

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 03:05:22 PM »
@fvmb
I am sorry however there is no way to reset the last password for your my.avast.com account. The only way to resolve this now is to reset your Passwords vault completely. This will allow you to set up a Passwords vault on your Avast account again however all data in the current Passwords vault will be irreversibly removed.

Hi Jakub,

I understand, can you tell me how can i do this reset ?

Best Regards,

Offline fvmb

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 05:43:37 PM »
I hope you can send via PM for example a link to reset this ;)

Best Regards,

Offline Dunozilla

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 08:46:23 AM »
@Dunozilla
Unfortunately, it seems that the original device has been de-synchronized and without the restore email, I can only offer you the reset of your Passwords vault. This action will remove all data from the current online Passwords vault and it will allow you to set up synchronization of Passwords on your Avast account again.

Hi Jakub,
You may proceed to reset my Passwords vault.

Offline KubaV

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »
@Dunozilla, @fvmb: I am sorry it took so long but I have reset both your accounts and you can set up a new Passwords vault now.

Offline fvmb

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
@Dunozilla, @fvmb: I am sorry it took so long but I have reset both your accounts and you can set up a new Passwords vault now.

Thank you i was waiting and you fixed :)

Best Regards,