Business Products > Avast Business

Avast Business Antivirus - block e-mail from my server to gmail

(1/3) > >>

ALEXANDRU40:
For several days, sending emails to gmail (only gmail) has stopped working from our exchange server, the error message received "550 No SMTP server defined. Use real server address instead of 127.0.0.1 in your account." I mention that until few days ago it worked.
I tried to change the server settings, but without success, until I noticed that if I disable the antivirus, it works without problems. What anti-virus setting blocks my email? I tried to stop only the "mail shield", but it still doesn't work.

This product is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with Exchange Server 2010.

Asyn:
Contact business support: https://www.avast.com/business-support-contact-form.php

mickey.b:

--- Quote from: ALEXANDRU40 on August 06, 2019, 10:52:58 AM ---For several days, sending emails to gmail (only gmail) has stopped working from our exchange server, the error message received "550 No SMTP server defined. Use real server address instead of 127.0.0.1 in your account." I mention that until few days ago it worked.
I tried to change the server settings, but without success, until I noticed that if I disable the antivirus, it works without problems. What anti-virus setting blocks my email? I tried to stop only the "mail shield", but it still doesn't work.

This product is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with Exchange Server 2010.

--- End quote ---

We have been seeing a lot of these cases lately, and so far, what's been working for most of our customers have been updating their Exchange servers. You don't have to upgrade them to a newer version, but simply installing all of the latest/newest updates for your current version seems to resolve this issue.

Karonaway:
You're incorrect about the updates.  I have two clients who run SBS 2011 which runs Exchange 2010.  The Exchange Server is up to date (for being a 2010 Exchange Server).   The clients are having the same problem and only Gmail is bouncing back with No SMTP Server defined.  I tried disabling parts of the Exchange Module, all of the Module, parts of Email module, all of the Email module.  I looked up the knowledge base and added IP under the exceptions in Trouble Shooting.  Nothing worked until I uninstalled AVAST all together which i am not happy about.  My subscription is coming due in 8 days and so i won't be renewing if i can't use it.

Karonaway:
If anyone is having this problem please reply to this thread so that AVAST will fix the problem.  This isn't a problem due to lack of updates

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version