Author Topic: End user cannot manually change the Avast Firewall from Public to Private  (Read 5691 times)

Offline hillen

We have a few Electrical Engineers that travel and when connecting to the customers PLC network, the new network is always placed in the Public Profile. I understand I can override and have all new networks placed in the Private Profile through the console, but that is not even an option since they also connect to public networks with the laptop.

We can force an internal connection to go private simply by adding in the mac address of the router, but the end user, when in the field, naturally does not have this ability and I see absolutely no where for them to modify the network profile, even though the console is set to allow the user to select.

I have a tech going to India in about a week and he has to be able to connect to the customers equipment in a private profile in order to do his job.

Question is - how can a user change the network profile, even if they have the password to modify Avast?

In desperate need of an answer.

-Paul

Offline hillen

Surely I am not the only person affected by this...

Is there anyone from Avast that can even address this issue? Really!

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
We have a few Electrical Engineers that travel and when connecting to the customers PLC network, the new network is always placed in the Public Profile. I understand I can override and have all new networks placed in the Private Profile through the console, but that is not even an option since they also connect to public networks with the laptop.

We can force an internal connection to go private simply by adding in the mac address of the router, but the end user, when in the field, naturally does not have this ability and I see absolutely no where for them to modify the network profile, even though the console is set to allow the user to select.

I have a tech going to India in about a week and he has to be able to connect to the customers equipment in a private profile in order to do his job.

Question is - how can a user change the network profile, even if they have the password to modify Avast?

In desperate need of an answer.

-Paul

We've updated our cloud console v7 so that our end users can change their network profile. However, this update hasn't been applied to the on-premise console, yet.

For what's Now In Development, Future Product Roadmap, and to Submit Idea, please visit https://portal.productboard.com/afb/tabs/1-now-in-development
If enough people request this feature, our development/production team may consider/prioritize adding this function in a future update.
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
It has no sense that on premise console is not updated from the last 9 months ago, meanwhile cloud console has update every 15 days.

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
It has no sense that on premise console is not updated from the last 9 months ago, meanwhile cloud console has update every 15 days.

I know we're pushing our development/production team to update the on-premise console. I've been told they've been hesitant to release updates for the on-premise console until they can verify these new updates that's been released for the cloud console will function properly in the on-premise console (such as patch updates).
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline hillen

If they feel the update is good enough to go live with the cloud version, then why do they not feel the same confidence with the on premise version.

While your programmers are being "cautious", us real world users are at risk because we cannot control the your product like we need to. I have been going back and forth with your tech support on this issue and EVERY work around given either doesn't exist or doesn't work.

I now have a tech in India, at a customers plant and he has to DISABLE the firewall completely to do his job. YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMERS AT GREAT RISK, SO UP YOUR GAME NOW!

My God, incremental updates are better than none ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS SECURITY RELATED. Your company hasn't figured that out yet?

Offline hillen

Better question, WHY ARE THEY NOT DEVELOPING THE CLOUD and PREMISE version in tandem?