Author Topic: AVAST CLEANUP - Indexation  (Read 3001 times)

Offline neb561

AVAST CLEANUP - Indexation
« on: August 08, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Hello,
After making 'repair and clean"  "the Maintenance" see picture enclosed (RĂ©parer et nettoyer).
I have always the same problem : the search on my computer and also Outlook search have to take some time before they recovery all data (indexation).
What shoul I do to prevent that ?
Thanks.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: AVAST CLEANUP - Indexation
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:59:52 AM »
Hello,
After making 'repair and clean"  "the Maintenance" see picture enclosed (RĂ©parer et nettoyer).
I have always the same problem : the search on my computer and also Outlook search have to take some time before they recovery all data (indexation).
What shoul I do to prevent that ?
Thanks.

Hi,

thank you for the report.
We need to analyze whether there might be something in our code which could mess with the indexation service in Windows.
We'll take a look at it and let you know.

Regards.

Offline Daniel2016

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:31:36 AM »
Dear Stellarman,

We faced the same problem as above mentioned.
How should be the problem fixed?

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »
Dear Stellarman,

We faced the same problem as above mentioned.
How should be the problem fixed?

Thank you.

Hi,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

We have prepared some fixes which should help in this case in the upcoming version which will most likely go out next week (as of Monday February 15) so I would like to ask you for a little more patience and then trying it again with the new build.
If the problem persists even in the new version, please try to simulate the problem and then collect logs so we can analyze them.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you for your cooperation and also for using our product!