Author Topic: cybercapture interferes with debugging  (Read 1428 times)

Offline sandsvarstad

cybercapture interferes with debugging
« on: August 05, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
Hi
I am writing a program in visual studio and i have two issues with avast cybercapture.
Every time i make a change and hit run, the program opens first in cybercapture, closes and then runs normally. this is really annoying and it takes a lot of time.
When this happens with this particular program i get larger issues, crashes and network socket exceptions. I then have to close some windows, open task manager, find the program and end the process. i think this is because the program is not closed correctly or clean up does not get to finish before the program runs normally.

I do not want to turn off cybercapture, that would be even more inconvenient for me, but maybe if i could make an exception to where it is used like i can with virus searches.

Offline sandsvarstad

Re: cybercapture interferes with debugging
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 02:48:47 PM »
also i'm not familiar with the forum, feel free to move my thread some where more appropriate. or just send the devs an email or something i wasn't sure where to report this.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:40:34 PM »
Hello,
have you tried to add the program to Menu -> Settings -> Exceptions?

Milos

Offline sandsvarstad

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
that did work. thanks i thought it was a separate thing. hopefully i don't get a virus there...

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:47:11 PM »
@sandsvarstad & otherts,

Whenever you are programming you should know to disable alerts from OS and av solutions etc..
At developer exams one should also silence such alerts. Know that while being a proctor  ;)

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!