Author Topic: avast and swpr  (Read 4688 times)

Francis 28

avast and swpr
« on: August 11, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
I would like to install the software swpr to supervise the utilisation of my computer (it records the Web pages)

avast blocks the installation because swpr functions like a horse of Troye. How to make to return possible teh installation?

Thank you for your help !

French version :

Je voudrais installer le logiciel swpr pour surveiller l'utilisation de mon ordinateur (il enregistre les pages web)

avast bloque l'installation car swpr fonctionne comme un cheval de Troye. Comment faire pour rendre possible l'installation ?

Merci pour votre aide !

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast and swpr
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 03:40:04 PM »
What was the infected file name (is it the installer or a file within it), what was the virus/trojan name given by avast ?

If you are happy about the use of swpr and you are sure that there is no other risk other than its perceived risk and you accept this risk then you can add it to add it to the exclusions lists Program Settings, Exclusions and the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions.

That should allow you to install it but you might have further issues after installation so as files are unpacked and installed.

You may need to add it (the detected file/s) to the Exclusions Lists also. You may also have to add the programs executable file to the ignored processes list in the avast4.ini file, but we can look at that after you get it installed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Francis 28

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:53:56 PM »
Thank you for your help !

When I want to install swpr, I have this messages :

Fichier infected :

C:\...\...\Doc\Local setting\Temp\Rar SFX0\web.dll   by   Win32 : Trojan:gen. [Other]

C:\...\...\Doc\Local setting\Temp\Rar SFX0\WebPageRecorder.exe   by   Win32 : Trojan:gen. [VC]

Is it dangerous ?

(swpr must observe and record utilisation of the Internet on the¨PC)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
Instead of using malicious software to monitor things, you better set your security up properly and give others no full access but a limited account with restrictions. There is no need to spy on people.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:06:43 PM »
You have already said you want to use the program so have to decide on the risk, key loggers by there nature can be used for good or evil. avast can't decide what that might be. You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If your concern is as a parent keeping an eye on what the kids get up to then I suggest you look at this program that can block content rather than find out afterwards where they have been. Naomi Parental Control software (freeware) http://www.radiance.m6.net/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Francis 28

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »
OK, thank you for your answers....

I'm a little affraid by swpr, and probably I will try another software...

I will see radiance.m6.net, thanks for this adress !

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 05:06:09 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
I would like to install the software swpr to supervise the utilisation of my computer (it records the Web pages)
Naomi works very well and it's a content filter. It closes the browser connection when p0rn is showed.
Other content filter that works very well is K9 (http://license.k9webprotection.com/download.html)
The best things in life are free.

Francis 28

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 09:03:45 AM »
OK, thank you very much....