Author Topic: How can I find the name of malwares that the app found in activities log?  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Jhk2007

Hi

Unlike other security apps that I use, Avast just inform that it found an issue in activities log.

I want to know what kind of malwares that attack my mobile.

Offline Leah96xxx

• N00b Malware Fighter
  • Just a problematic girl with a few problems...
Avast Mobile Security should show a list of issues at the end of a scan. Can you please run an on-demand scan and post a screenshot of the scan results page.

Also, AMS will show other security-related issues that may not necessarily be malware. For example, it will show if USB Debugging is enabled or similar security issues.
My rig (aka Frankenstein 2.0):
Windows 10 Home x64, Intel Core i5-9500, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Patriot Viper NVMe SSD (C:), XPG Spectrix NVMe SSD, ADATA A400 SSD, Seagate Barracuda HDD, HyperX 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

Offline Jhk2007

The result from my on-demand scan with Avast on August 5th reported that it found malware in my specific directory without showing the name of this malware.

When I try to tap on this issue to see more detail, Avast imediatly took care of this issue.  I never have a chance to know what kind of this malware is.

Other security apps that I use still keep detail of malware in their activities log . So I want to know whether Avast still keep detail of this malware in their activities log or not.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:30:15 AM by Jhk2007 »

Offline Leah96xxx

• N00b Malware Fighter
  • Just a problematic girl with a few problems...
Thank you for clarifying your issue.

Unfortunately there is no way to view the specific name of the malware found by Avast Mobile Security. It will only tell you which file/directory is infected and automatically resolve the issue. The AMS app is designed to be simple and "easy-to-use" while giving very little for those of us who are more technically-minded.

This has also happened to me in the past when I downloaded an infected apk. Avast simply told me which file was infected then deleted it automatically when I tapped "resolve" without providing any further info.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and I'm sorry I can't be of more help. If you would like to see this feature added to the app then all I can recommend is posting feedback in a review on the Play Store.
My rig (aka Frankenstein 2.0):
Windows 10 Home x64, Intel Core i5-9500, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Patriot Viper NVMe SSD (C:), XPG Spectrix NVMe SSD, ADATA A400 SSD, Seagate Barracuda HDD, HyperX 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC