Author Topic: Scan archive and unpacked files?  (Read 4101 times)

galaxyclass

Scan archive and unpacked files?
« on: January 14, 2004, 08:30:52 AM »
Do I need to scan the archive/setup file then scan the unpacked/installed files? I've been scanning before and after but it would save me some time if I knew I didn't need to.

P.S Is it necessary to shut down my 'net connection and disable avast before installing a program, and if so how do I disable avast completely?

Do you all have any "golden rules" of installing?

Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Scan archive and unpacked files?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 12:20:26 PM »
Do I need to scan the archive/setup file then scan the unpacked/installed files? I've been scanning before and after but it would save me some time if I knew I didn't need to.

P.S Is it necessary to shut down my 'net connection and disable avast before installing a program, and if so how do I disable avast completely?

Do you all have any "golden rules" of installing?

Thanks.

If you scan the 'packed' zip file you do not have to scan the extracted files but I'm not sure about the 'installed' files after running a setup file...

I installed a lot of applications with avast! running without trouble. Oh, if you want, it's better to install your firewall previous to avast!.

To disable avast!, right click the 'a' icon and choose 'Stop and Exit' option.  ;)
The best things in life are free.