Author Topic: Facebook suspicious activity on the account i just made. Phishing ?  (Read 3138 times)

Offline fuggatroller

My new office required us to make facebook account to promotional purpose, and 2 days ago i made new one with my real name and everything is real, i just dont upload the photo yet because its on office PC. A few hours later when i open facebook to upload the photo i am suddenly log out and there is message "We've noticed suspicious activity on your account. To get back on Facebook, we need you to provide some additional information." i press the continue button and they ask for my photo and i upload it and another message appear "We'll check it bla bla" and until now i cant access my facebook.
I don't understand, What does suspicious activity mean? does is mean someone else trying to log in with my account ? I think its impossible because i just made it. And i am thinking about phishing malware but when i scan with Malwarebytes free and avast free everything is clean and nothing suspicious.
I read on internet this happening because facebook think this is fake account/bot or etc, so they send suspicious activity warning. Is it true ? What do you guys think is this because someone else try to hack my account or this is from facebook because they think my account is fake/bot?

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
Re: Facebook suspicious activity on the account i just made. Phishing ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:57:27 AM »
What does this have to do with Avast?

Maybe your office IP address has been marked as suspicious. This could happen if many atttemps are made to log into Facebook. Not unthinkable if many people share the address.

Oh, and personally, if my employer tried to force me to make a Facebook account, I'd tell him to take a long walk on a short pier.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:01:36 AM by Rundvleeskroket »

Offline fuggatroller

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »
I don't know where to ask this, i would like to ask in facebook community but they require me to log in.Because i have used avast more than 4 years ,so i think its better to ask on my antivirus forum .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
Oh, and personally, if my employer tried to force me to make a Facebook account, I'd tell him to take a long walk on a short pier.
+1 ;D 8)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline fuggatroller

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:38:27 PM »
 :) :). Okay case closed, This is just facebook being aggressive