Author Topic: Mac Early Access  (Read 13672 times)

Offline Cristina G

• Avast team
Re: Mac Early Access
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »
Hello, kharihalter! We are investigate this issue.
Can you, please, help me with some scenarios to check the behavior of your new Facebook page?
Please disable each extension step by step(Avast Adblock/Avast Anti-Tracking/Avast-Anti-Fingerprint). Starting with the second scenario, before you disable the next extension, please enable the previous one.
After tests, please send us the results: your Facebook page running as slowly?

1.Disable Avast Adblock

Open the browser and click on the menu icon (3 dots)
Click on "More Tools" and then "Extensions"
Click on to enable "Developer mode" (at the right side of the browser)
Disable "Avast Adblock" extension.
Check the behavior of your new Facebook page.

2.Disable Avast Anti-Tracking

Disable "Avast Anti-Tracking" extension.

3.Disable Avast Avast-Anti-Fingerprint

Disable "Avast-Anti-Fingerprint" extension.

Thank you!

Offline kharihalter

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 01:30:51 PM »
Hello Cristina!

After disabling Avast Anti-Tracking, I noticed the tab itself took a little longer to load, the page itself pulled up the first few attempts, but after clicking through the page it struggled to load like before.

After disabling Avast Adblock (reenabling Anti Tracking), I was able to pull the page up but after clicking through and then trying to go back to the page’s home it just gets stuck like before.

After disabling Avast Avast-Anti-Fingerprint (Avast Adblock reenabled) same as before, the page loads fine, after clicking through (posts, reviews and back to “home”) it gets stuck  and won’t load the pages home.

Thank you!

Offline Cristina G

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »
Hello, kharihalter! I tried to reproduce this behavior for a new Facebook page(created and managed) with all the details related by you but I couldn't reproduce it, for me it worked.
Can you, please, check the network traffic when loading the page in Avast Secure Browser and see which requests take a long time to complete and also any potential errors? After this, please, send us the result and screenshots.
Thank you!

Offline kharihalter

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 10:58:52 PM »
Hello Cristina!

I have a couple screen shots of the errors.

--Khari

Offline Cristina G

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 11:55:38 AM »
Hello, Khari! Until now, we can't reproduce this issue and we do not have such errors in the console. One of the reasons of slow loading page could be the errors because the browser is waiting for a response from the server. We will continue to investigate and I will let you know what is the status.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:57:45 AM by Cristina G »

Offline kharihalter

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Hello Christina! Thank you for taking a look at it.

--Khari

Offline Michelle178

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »
HI I tried to download early access for Mac and get this message "This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

I am unable to down load is there an update as of yet please?

Thanks

Offline ordinarygeeksf

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 11:15:03 PM »
Hi.
I'm loving the Windows version of the secure browser. I just downloaded the Mac beta as well, and I've noticed that, even though I've set my default search engine as DuckDuckGo, the browser still sends the search to Google. So basically, the setting doesn't work. Search is currently hard-wired to Google, no matter what the user selects.

...actually scratch this. I was able to get it working. But to do so, I had to first select a search engine OTHER THAN DuckDuckGo (in my case, I chose Bing). Changing to Bing worked. Immediately after selecting it, I was able to perform a search with Bing. So I tried again changing the search Engine to DuckDuckGo, AFTER selecting Bing. This time, it worked. Y'all might want to be aware of this, though.

Offline Cristina G

• Avast team
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 01:05:29 PM »
Hello, ordinarygeeksf !Thank you for your report! I will investigate this issue. Can you, please, pass here Diagnostic information of the browser?

Click on "Help and About Avast Secure Browser" and then "About Avast Secure Browser"
Click on "Diagnostic Information" (this will open a pop-up window)
Click the "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" button to capture the information

Thank you!