Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium high disk usage on system startup.  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Osman46

Avast Cleanup Premium high disk usage on system startup.
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:31:20 AM »
Hello.

Avast cleanup premium causes high disk usage on windows start. Windows is installed on the C (ssd) disk. There's no problem here. However, the program scans my storage disk D (hdd) at every system startup. This causes high disk usage and hdd working noise (around 5 mins). Automatic maintenance is off. This problem did not occur before.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup Premium high disk usage on system startup.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »
Hello.

Avast cleanup premium causes high disk usage on windows start. Windows is installed on the C (ssd) disk. There's no problem here. However, the program scans my storage disk D (hdd) at every system startup. This causes high disk usage and hdd working noise (around 5 mins). Automatic maintenance is off. This problem did not occur before.

Hi,

we apologize for your troubles however this is a completely new bug from our point of view which we haven't seen before.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.

Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Osman46

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 12:14:00 PM »
Thank you for your response. I sent the logs.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
Thank you for your response. I sent the logs.

Thank you for sending the logs, we will take a look at them.

Offline Osman46

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »
Hi.
I found a new hint. Avast scans unnecessary programs at every restart. I think that's what's keeping the disk busy.

Offline Osman46

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »
Did you find a solution?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
Did you find a solution?

Hi,

sorry for a late reply, unfortunately we were not able to find anything in the logs which would indicate the problem you described.

We wound need more information to be able to analyze what is going on during the system startup on your PC.
Currently I am trying to agree with Customer Support that they are going to contact you and help you gather the Process Monitor log after the system startup which should help us understand what happens there.

Thank you.

Offline Ruby Xi

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 05:53:29 AM »
I have the exact same problem. It takes 30 minutes after boot before I can use the pc for anything other than watching the solid green disk box scroll along in the task manager. the only fix I have found is disabling Avast Clean-up in the start-up. In that case, it fails to open at all. Is there a solution to this?