Author Topic: Dealing with Duplicate Clients  (Read 2933 times)

Offline longwood

Dealing with Duplicate Clients
« on: August 22, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
Hi,

Is there an accepted method for dealing with duplicate client machines within the Cloud Console?

I upgraded some workstations to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and resultantly (after re-installing Avast), the console contained an entry for the original Windows 7 Computer plus the upgraded Windows 10 client.

I deleted the original Windows 7 machine from the console, but unfortunately, this also uninstalled Avast from the Windows 10 machine.

What is the correct mechanism for removing orphaned computers? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Stephen

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
Re: Dealing with Duplicate Clients
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 11:26:59 PM »
Hi,

Is there an accepted method for dealing with duplicate client machines within the Cloud Console?

I upgraded some workstations to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and resultantly (after re-installing Avast), the console contained an entry for the original Windows 7 Computer plus the upgraded Windows 10 client.

I deleted the original Windows 7 machine from the console, but unfortunately, this also uninstalled Avast from the Windows 10 machine.

What is the correct mechanism for removing orphaned computers? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Stephen

Sometimes the Cloud Console will eventually correct itself, but if not, then what you did should fix it.
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline longwood

Re: Dealing with Duplicate Clients
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
Ok, thanks.

I will leave this a little while, and see if it resolves itself.