Author Topic: My computer displays Your Avast is activating advanced security features. What?  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Adrian168

I have the transformation problem.
I have license for Avast Internet Security. It was transformed into Avast Premium Security license.
I have executed "Repair App". I have rebooted the computer.
My problem: Every restart display  "The computer displays Your Avast is activating advanced security features. Do not turn off your computer"

Maybe i have to wait a day, a month, a year ... I dont' think this is possible.

Please mister Asyn, you have already helped me! I am sure You will help me.

Avast Premium Security version: 19.7.2388 (build 19.7.4674.522)
OS: Windows 7 Professional. Avast Cleanup Premium installed.

PS. Must I pay some money for that? Please, specify this clearly!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:54:20 PM by Adrian168 »
Calm down and you will be protected!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
If your box re-appears after every restart, some process has not completed yet.  See the thread link Asyn provided you above for more detail.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Adrian168

Sorry, I did not understand. What is my problem?
I have to wait? Until tomorow?

Please notice that I see Performance monitor. Nothing is  executed, I think. No files are to update.
I have notice then AVASSVC is connected with the network address milena4.niklanovic.example.com.
What is that?

PS. My age is responsible for that curiosity.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:18:07 PM by Adrian168 »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Advice:  Wait 30 minutes after restart, and if it doesn't close by itself, then (X) close it.  Best advice.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Adrian168

I am sure that exists an explanation for that.
Advanced security features are activated or not?

It seems, MCHAIN, that your answer is not complete. I'm sorry.

Offline Marja9

I see the same window on my computer and it is never ending.
I do not know what it is activating.
After the latest update to the new program it shows this.
After that update the mail shield will not turn on.
The only advise is to re-install the program.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline MaxLV

If your box re-appears after every restart, some process has not completed yet.  See the thread link Asyn provided you above for more detail.

For all three of my computers, multiple times a day, sometimes saying computer(s) need to be restarted, sometimes not? I dont think so....

And if the processes haven't completed (aren't being completed) every time Avast tries to activate them what is the Avast team doing to fix this problem?

It seems to me going by my experience, and others reporting it here as well, that the update process to Avast Premium isn't working properly when it has to  (try to) activate advanced security features numerous times daily.

And yes (before you ask) I have gone through the process of doing a repair install on all three computers, and it hasn't made any difference, all three computers are still getting this pop up several times a day.

How do we know if Avast has been successfully updated from Internet Security to Avast Premium Security, and if these 'advanced security features' are actually working or not? Obviously Avast doesn't think they are activated, and is continually trying to 'activate' them...

What are the security risks if they're NOT activated?

What are these 'advanced security features' that need to be continually 'activated'?

How do we know if Avast is actually protecting our computers, if it's continually trying to activate it's 'advanced security features?'

As my paid for Avast licences are coming up for renewal in a couple of months, I hope this problem is resolved before then as I may/will need to look at the alternatives...

Offline Vladimir211

I am also seing this. And I noticed that when I am playing in warframe my game is like "lagging" on choosing tabs. I tried to reinstall on clean avast and it does not done anything for me. I only install main screens and firewall with sandbox.

The only solution I found was like going to avast free. It fixed my problem with lags on tabs in warframe and fixed the "Your Avast is activating advanced security features."

I sincerely hope devs will fix it in a week or so.
There is no fate, only redemption

Offline Marty2332

Same problem. Mine seems to be stuck on this box saying it's activating advanced features.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline dc10boy

Same situation on a Windows 7 machine. After upgrading to the newest Premium version, the box stating "Your Avast is activating advanced security features" pops up every day without end!CPU usage goes up sharply when this occurs as well. After fighting through multiple reinstalls to get the mail shield debacle to work, I'm just about done! As another poster suggested, how do we even know if we're protected if the program is constantly trying to activate it's own features? I feel like I need to backtrack to an earlier version, because this is garbage. Had I known that upgrading your product would result in so much wasted time and effort I would never have renewed my subscription this month. I've since gone back to the older Avast internet security until this gets resolved, as I have no idea what that incessant warning box is trying to tell me. Apparently nobody else does either.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:26:00 AM by dc10boy »

Offline dc10boy

One more note, I did a complete removal of Avast internet security, ran the Avastclear utility in safe mode, and installed the avast_premium_security_setup_online.exe file. My issues were not caused by an upgrade, but a clean install.

Offline Angelito

I'm receiving it now, its been 30 mins since it doing the activation but it doesn't close. What's happening here?

UPDATE: It's now close, what I did is I updated the program in the system tray, update > program. Then it close, that's weird and not sure what's been activated.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 11:32:24 AM by Angelito »