Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Windows Defender scans reported whilst running Avast
(1/3) > >>
rocksteady:
I had a surprising Notification flag this morning (win10 1903) stating that Windows Defender had found no problems from 3 scans. Afraid did not think to take a screenshot.
I thought Windows Defender was set dormant when Avast is installed and running?
Could Avast drop down to Defender in event of an Avast update. Looks like some Avast Secure Browser update has occured.
Using Avast free 19.7.2388 (build 19.7.4674.524)
Asyn:

--- Quote from: rocksteady on August 31, 2019, 10:20:12 AM ---I thought Windows Defender was set dormant when Avast is installed and running?

--- End quote ---
The resident parts, yes. You can still run on demand scans, though.
rocksteady:
I never run demand scan with Defender. So was not the result of that.
DavidR:

--- Quote from: rocksteady on August 31, 2019, 08:24:09 PM ---I never run demand scan with Defender. So was not the result of that.

--- End quote ---

If memory serves me right I think I saw a setting that it would run a WD scheduled scan at some time frame, I'm fairly sure I changed this not to.

So you may not have set it to scan if the above is correct.
rocksteady:

--- Quote from: rocksteady on August 31, 2019, 10:20:12 AM ---I had a surprising Notification flag this morning (win10 1903) stating that Windows Defender had found no problems from 3 scans. Afraid did not think to take a screenshot.
I thought Windows Defender was set dormant when Avast is installed and running?
Could Avast drop down to Defender in event of an Avast update. Looks like some Avast Secure Browser update has occured.
Using Avast free 19.7.2388 (build 19.7.4674.524)

--- End quote ---

Had another instance of this Notification of Defender scans whilst running Avast Free. See attached.

Also had to do a Restart requested by Avast UI today. No reason given and I cannot see change to build version. I have 19.7.2388 (build 19.7.4674.531).
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version