Author Topic: Is there a way to make Avast properly honor exceptions especially Visual studio?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline pbvillaflores

Avast incessantly interferes with Visual Studio executable builds even when folder and file specific exceptions are defined. Is there a way to get Avast to behave properly?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
What exactly do you have on the list of exceptions?
How is Avast interfering with the builds?

Offline pbvillaflores

In the exceptions I have put the full absolute path to the build executable.
Also I have placed the full absolute path to the build executable folder.
Also I have placed the full absolute path to the build executable project folder.
Also I have placed the full absolute path to the Visual Studio Projects folder that contains all projects.

Avast interferes in a way that prevents Visual Studio from being able to access the EXE file in order to complete a build.

Visual studio build also a process of backing off and retrying the access to the EXE file and in a few instances the retries will succeed in obtaining access but in vast majority of instances the build fails after many retry attempt to access the EXE file for build.

The interference persists even when Avast is permanently turned off.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Hi, can you please also download Process Monitor (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon)
and create a log file where the access to your built executable is denied/blocked so we can see if there is another process/thread/stack which works with the same file in that moment? Thanks!