Author Topic: Bookmark imports not working  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Chemi

• Beta Tester
Bookmark imports not working
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »
I reloaded the browser after install and made another attempt at the import from SAFARI.  No luck. The import link reappears and no bookmarks are listed. 

Reloaded the Beta browser and again: no luck.

Offline Steve_SR71

Re: Bookmark imports not working
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 11:35:36 PM »
FYI - I just imported my bookmarks from my Chrome browser and that worked -- maybe something strange with Apple Safari bookmarks output and then import?

--steve

Offline Chemi

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 06:20:42 AM »
Attempting to add bookmarks manually from standalone websites also does not commit.  The browser is not saving the bookmarks.

Offline Razvan92

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
Hi <b>Chemi</b> !

Thank you for the feedback !

Unfortunately, Avast Secure Browser can't import bookmarks from Safari. It being based on Chromium means that some functionalities are inherited from Chrome, and since Chrome can't import from Safari, neither can we. Regarding the bookmarks being added manually, can you please provide some more details so we can reproduce it?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
What about supporting importing the bookmarks html file that you can manually export from Safari? I havent tested it but may also be limited by chromium
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline sandervh

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 05:08:48 PM »
What about supporting importing the bookmarks html file that you can manually export from Safari? I havent tested it but may also be limited by chromium

Hey .: Mac :., yes you are able to import the bookmarks HTML file from Safari into Avast Secure Browser Mac (Beta).
Just tested it on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with ASB Mac Beta version 77.0.269.76.

Thanks,
Sander