Author Topic: Avast Free + Windows 10 1903 + Solid Edge  (Read 1747 times)

Offline rmoeller

Avast Free + Windows 10 1903 + Solid Edge
« on: September 04, 2019, 06:41:03 PM »
Hello,
I am using Avast Free for many years but had to deinstall it recently.
Problem started when I update Windows 10 to version 1903. I wasn't able to start Siemens Solid Edge 2019 (3D CAD Software) anymore. Starting this software resulted in the error message "Die Umgebung Application kann nicht aktiviert werden" (translated something like "the environment application couldn't be activated" or probably "the application environment couldn't be activated"). Reverting to Windows 10 version 1809 made the application available again. According to Siemens some Antivirus solutions (namely Avast, AVG and Sophos) prevent Solid Edge from starting. I have updated again to Windows 10 version 1903 and have deinstalled Avast and the application starts normally. When Avast was installed I have tried to whitelist the application folder under C:\Programs and the corresponding folder under C:\Program Data but this wouldn't solve the problem. I'd like to continue using Avast, so I appreciate any idea what more I can try.

Rainer

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
Re: Avast Free + Windows 10 1903 + Solid Edge
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 05:39:59 PM »
Hi rmoeller
We applogize siemens for  inconvenience !
Today or tomorrow we are going to release a fix for avast 19.7 in a micro update.
The issue is caused by dll name collision. Avasts log library is named log.dll and also siemens dll is log.dll . In win 1903 amsi interface loads avast scanner into edge.exe procces probably a bit earliear that in prev versions and avast log.dll is loaded before siemens log library.

Offline rmoeller

Re: Avast Free + Windows 10 1903 + Solid Edge
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
Hello,
I can confirm that the update works and the application starts when Avast is installed.
I am impressed about your fast response and that a fix was at hand for a combination of software that might not be common.

Rainer