Author Topic: Problem of mail  (Read 3552 times)

spirou

Problem of mail
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:32:28 PM »
Hello,

I utilise the home edition and I have problems with my mail.  Avast change the Pop3 and SMTP Server into 127.0.0.1 and I ca't send or receive mails ?
When I change 127.0.0.1 into pop.tiscali.be and mail.tiscali.be it seems that nothing happend and that don't change the problem.

What Can I do ?

Thanks

John-

Re:Problem of mail
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 09:39:18 PM »
When the emailwizard is run Avast sets these pop3 and smtp to 127.0.0.1 which is your local host.  So a virus cannot exploit your smtp and pop3,... so, don't be alarmed it changes this!

You REALLY REALLY REALLY MUST shut down outlook express before running the wizard otherwise you get errors!

=> shut down outlook => run the wizard and remove the settings off avast  => run wizard again,...with outlook still shut down! => in theorie it should work,....  ;)

good luck

techie101

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 10:39:45 PM »
spiro,

I hate to tell you this, but you are not the first to have trouble with the configuration of Avast when tiscali is used.

I am presently working on a solution but am not sure how soon it will be figured out.

For some unknown reason, Avast does not seem to like the configuration of smtp.tiscali.be or whatever, nor does it run with pop3.tiscali.com

I have sent a requet to tiscali support in the hopes that they will work with me on a solution.

I will keep every tiscali user updated.

techie

spirou

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 07:54:48 AM »
Thanks but how can I run the email wizard again ?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 08:30:58 AM »
Start -> avast! Antivirus -> Mail Protection Wizard
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.