Author Topic: Anti-fingerprint causing "lag when near enemy" and "graphic loss" in game  (Read 2643 times)

Offline moneymaker0886

when did hackcheck was release. I need to know the exact date to confirm 100%

Edit: I WAS BLAMING THE WRONG EXTENSION. Anti-fingerprint is the main subject here. Read below....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:08:34 AM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
Re: HACKCHECK
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »
Hello,

Improved Hack check that automatically alerts you if you have been victim of a data breach was part of the the 75.1 release. This was released to beta channel on 17.7.2019 and 24.7.2019 to all users.

As far as i know Original Hack check that allowed you to manually check your email address was part of the Avast Secure Browser for quite some time. I can also search that exact date for you if you are interested.

Offline moneymaker0886

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 05:49:27 PM »
Are you sure that it was released in July 24th and not in August 24th???????
Since august 24th I experience severe lag when getting near enemy player in one of my favorite game "https://surviv.io"
I blamed the game server, I blamed my computer components (CPU, GPU, RAM, THE FAN, ETC.). I blamed other games installed on my computer, I also blamed malware or virus, I blamed the game server again, I blamed Windows 10, I blamed my internet connection and after all you know who I found out to be the responsible of that " LAG WHEN NEAR PLAYER"
Can you please check for the exact month when it got released officially because I found out yesterday, after searching for several days (18 days), that when Hackcheck is enabled the lag stops.
I would like to REPORT this tool "HACKCHECK" as being to invasive during gaming in browser. This tool needs to be improved. Exclusion tool should be added make sure it do not slow down performance while in game.

I don't know if this is the right place to report such a thing, but first I need you to confirm the main question. JULY OR AUGUST? Even if you say July, the thing is that lag stopped when enabled

READ BELOW
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:11:04 AM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
I am sure it was July. We had update on 21. August, but i think its not important.

Thank you for reporting your issue. This is the correct place to report bugs. We will look into it and will let you know.

If you could share more info about your set up it will make it easier for us to find the problem.

Please share diagnostic info. You can find it by entering URL: secure://settings/diagnosticInfo or following next steps
  • Open the browser and click on the menu icon (3 dots in top right corner)
  • Click on "Help and About Avast Secure Browser" and then "About Avast Secure Browser"
  • Click on "Diagnostic Information" (this will open a pop-up window)
  • Click the "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" button to capture the information

Also sharing your RAM and number of CPUs could be useful so we can run same set up as you.

Offline moneymaker0886

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »
Edit: DELETED MESSAGE READ BELOW
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:20:20 AM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline moneymaker0886

Re: anti-fingerprint causing "lag when near enemy" and "graphic loss" in game
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 05:05:11 AM »
Come back here with correction to the topic. I blamed lot of thing, but now am 200% sure of what am going to say. Anti-Fingerprint is the extension that was causing the lag. Not hackcheck. You can try it on your own. Turn off anti-fingerprint and refresh all page and run the game https://surviv.io and look at the texture of the game. You will see pretty nice texture. Now turn anti-fingerprint ON and refresh all page. Go in the game https://surviv.io. You will se the graphics as turn blurred a little. This is only one effect of anti-fingerprint to my game. The biggest effect to the game is when you play, you'll notice, when getting into the action, when a lot of enemy around you, GAME LAGGGGG. Anti-fingerprint was the cause of all the lag I mention before. Not twitch, not my pc, not my internet, not the game! Try it with any device you want am pretty sure you'll get the same result. First thing you notice is graphic loss. It also induct lag. I won't try to understand how. Just reporting it. I dont even require a fix. Anti-fingerprint will be down from now and for probably the rest of my life.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:13:11 AM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
Re: Anti-fingerprint causing "lag when near enemy" and "graphic loss" in game
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
I am glad you were able to solve your issue. But i am not able to reproduce it.

Neither i think Anti-fingerprint was responsible for your problems.

You can use browser task manager to see which tab and component takes how much resources. You will open it either by pressing shift + esc or opening browser menu(three dost in upright corner) -> More Tools ->  Task Manager

Offline moneymaker0886

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
Well, when anti-fingerprinting is On, the UC of my game tab show 60 to 90 when not on full screen, while in game but not moving. When anti-fingerprinting is Off, the UC of the game tab variate between 40 and 65 with same definition, in game but not moving.

When turned ON, I tried to play a little with the task manager in a corner and when I get near enemy players the UC spiked to 135 and more. Only did one game, but I won that game  ;D ;D so I tested it about 5 min . (Note that the lag don't occur next to every single enemy, but with some of them.)

when anti-fingerprinting is disabled, I can get near enemy and the UC react normal. It even drop at 40 while in middle of action. I did 2 game and died 2nd this time  ;)  . I experience no lag at all. The UC was around 30 to 70 the whole time.
When anti-fingerprinting is on it clearly slow down the game.

For the Graphic loss, it's not something obvious. You need to compare graphic with a container or the inside of a house and look at the details. For me, I play about 2 hours a day, so every little changes is noticeable. I see it right away that graphic is not showing properly. (only with anti-fingerprinting)

****I can not play on full screen and have the task manager open at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:41:38 PM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline moneymaker0886

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »
here is 2 screen shot of same room with 2 setting. The one with the vertical room is when turned OFF. The one with the horizontal room is when turner ON.
I want you to look closer at the toilet bowl. If you cant see the difference between those image try to download it and zoom in to the max.  I had to cut the image because of size limit. The graphic difference is obvious to me. The only thing that changed is that I've turned anti-fingerprinting off. Do you still think that it as nothing to do with the lag?

If you want to test it with your browser, dont run the game with the event mode. Run the regular mode "green play button". The regular mode is smoother and contain more houses to hide in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:16:23 PM by moneymaker0886 »

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 05:36:11 PM »
Yes, you are right. Now i can also see that the CPU usage of the game is higher (sorry i was looking only on the Anti-fingerprint usage).

I have reported this to our developers and we will let you know what we found out.

If you are interested in what the Anti-fingerprint exactly does and why fingerprinting is considered as privacy risk, you can read post on our blog on this topic: https://blog.avast.com/fingerprinting-and-the-surveillance-economy