Author Topic: Avast stops me posting photos on Ebay  (Read 1217 times)

Offline gmot455

Avast stops me posting photos on Ebay
« on: September 14, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »
Try as I might, I could not upload some pictures of my car for sale on ebay. I tried resizing them to no avail. Some pictures did upload, but the ones I needed would not. Ebay couldn't tell me why. So, I setup my Ebay account on Microsoft Edge, which I never use, and all my photos uploaded fine on my auction page. Don't know why Avast browser would'nt allow the pics to load. The message from Ebay said unable to load pics now, try again later. These were old pics taken many years back with my HP camera, but they still look fine. just letting you know. I've been using the Avast browser since it came out. Now i'm wondering.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast stops me posting photos on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 05:13:59 PM »
Avast Secure Browser has "additional security features" that would not be included in Edge.
You could go into the settings in Secure Browser and disable security features one at a time to see if one (which one) of the security components might be blocking the uploads.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:15:30 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline sludge7051-x

• sludge7051-x
Re: Avast stops me posting photos on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
I use Firefox with:
1.) NoScript
2.) HTTPS Everywhere
3.) uBlock Origin
4.) Privacy Badger
5.) Avast Online Security . . . I just started using this - Block all trackers - It seems good

When I've had some issue, I was switching to Chrome, on which I have no Add-ons - at least not blocking Add-ons

But, I think the easiest, faster, no-brainer way . . . on a web page you trust . . . is to just toggle the Add-ons in your browser off and then back on, ie. in Firefox it's:

Help / Restart with Add-ons Disabled