Author Topic: CAD software STL file Exports not working  (Read 1603 times)

Offline TB FL

CAD software STL file Exports not working
« on: September 16, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »
I recently got myself a 3D printer and was using eMachineShop's CAD software (located at:https://www.emachineshop.com/) to design some parts.

Creating and saving the normal file is easy, however when I go to export it in via the CAD tool as an .STL file, AVAST automatically closes and prevents the file from being created.

I searched the web and the forums trying to find a solution to this, but alas I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

I reached out to eMachineShops technical support thinking that it was an issue with their software and they advised that this is an issue with the anti-virus app that I'm using (Avast).

to verify, I downloaded the CAD tool onto another computer that I do not have AVAST on and the Export feature for the .STL file worked as intended.

I also attempted putting Avast on silent mode and disabling it for 10 minutes and testing again, still the same results.

Please assist!

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: CAD software STL file Exports not working
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »
Hello,
is there some alert from avast? If yes, post the screenshot of it, please.

Milos

Offline TB FL

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:24:30 PM »
Unfortunately no there is no notification of any sort by AVAST.

Offline Holistic Life

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
If you know your CAD software stops working after you install something, try to uninstall it.Check the installation date to find which one that can cause the issue. Try to login with different Windows user login and see if you can run your software with another user.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 12:17:05 PM »
Also you wrote that you tried disabling for 10 minutes. Did you mean all shields? Which version of avast do you have (Free/Premium)? Which components do you have installed (which shields, AntiRansomware, Firewall, ...)?

Milos