Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Avast Free Version 19.7.2388 - Scheduled Quick scan does not run automatically
(1/2) > >>
chomowitz:
I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 with Avast Free Antivirus 19.7.2388.  Ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro, a scheduled quick scan (once a week) has not run automatically.  It used to run reliably once a week as scheduled.  I tried uninstalling Avast and reinstalling and the results have been the same.

Any help to diagnose and repair any issues will be appreciated ...
bob3160:
Is the scheduled task listed in the Task Scheduler?
chomowitz:
No ... The tasks that show in Avast as scheduled, do not show in the Task Scheduler.
bob3160:

--- Quote from: chomowitz on September 17, 2019, 04:44:18 PM ---No ... The tasks that show in Avast as scheduled, do not show in the Task Scheduler.

--- End quote ---
Maybe due to the update, you need to set the scheduled scan up again?
chomowitz:
Last night I went in and recreated a scheduled scan in Avast Free as you suggested.  I set it to run about 10 minutes after entering it.  I set it to run weekly , tuesday (yesterday), quick scan.  When the time came, nothing happened.  I tried again and this time I used smart scan, and it worked at the scheduled time.  Given that I changed the day to Weds. (today) at 9 am.  At 9 am today, nothing ran.

After it did not run today at 9am, I went back into Avast and set the time for 10 am ... It just ran at the 10am time.

I am baffled as to what works and what does not.  How can I troubleshoot or correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help ...
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version