Author Topic: "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected"  (Read 3514 times)

Offline evollbach

"Unable to scan: Archive is password protected"
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »
My OS is Win98SE. I've been using PC-cillin for years, but their latest version screws up things with Win98. So I just uninstalled it and installed the latest Avast Home Edition, instead. So I'm brand new to this program.

I just ran a scan of my hard drive. It gave me a great big list of files and says, "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected." I never saw anything like this before and don't know what to make of it. I sure have never password protected any files.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Beth

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »
My OS is Win98SE. I've been using PC-cillin for years, but their latest version screws up things with Win98. So I just uninstalled it and installed the latest Avast Home Edition, instead. So I'm brand new to this program.

I just ran a scan of my hard drive. It gave me a great big list of files and says, "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected." I never saw anything like this before and don't know what to make of it. I sure have never password protected any files.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Beth
In this post, David give some more info about "password protected" files.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=16590.msg140876#msg140876

Always use the search-button before you start a new thread, as many things have been discussed before
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon