Author Topic: Avast wont work since i downloaded spyware program  (Read 2561 times)

RejectAbuse

Avast wont work since i downloaded spyware program
« on: August 19, 2006, 01:03:39 AM »
I recently downloaded this program called "spyware detector" not to mention I tried to get rid of certain programs that just automatically start when i sign on to the computer. Accidently I removed avast from the list.

I need help figuring out if my spyware is effecting it in any way and how to fix it. I want to avoid removing the program considering i payed for it. Also I need to know how to automatically start avast again. Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast wont work since i downloaded spyware program
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 01:20:26 AM »
I've never heard of it, do you mean that it doesn't have the ability to reverse the decision (restore) you made (poor design) ?
There should be some form of quarantine/restore to recover from such occurrences, if not you paid too much.

The file you would appear to have removed from the start-up list is ashDisp.exe, the avast system tray icon and on-access interface. None of the other elements should have been effected so you should still be protected. What avast processes have you got in task manager, they begin with ash or asw ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »
If everything fails...
1. Uninstall Spyware Detector
2. Install avast
3. Install Spyware Detector configuring it correctly.

You should have read this: Note on Spyware Detector:  Spyware Detector was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives. Testing with the latest version of Spyware Detector  indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider Spyware Detector to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware. http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#swdetect_note
The best things in life are free.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 06:50:30 AM »
 :)  Hi "Reject" :

As "Tech" implied in his post, in the future to avoid any
    "rogue/suspect" antispyware products, review the info at :

www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm .

There are several trustworthy products, some of which
     are FREE .