Author Topic: Couple of questions about the Avast Sandbox  (Read 1000 times)

Offline bilnrobn2

Couple of questions about the Avast Sandbox
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »
I think I understand the principles of how it works, but have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any benefits (or disadvantages) in putting my browsers in the sandbox?
2. If I do that will apps and sites I open from the browser also remain in the sandbox?

Offline fvmb

• Being a teacher implies that we stay learning!
Re: Couple of questions about the Avast Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »
I think I understand the principles of how it works, but have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any benefits (or disadvantages) in putting my browsers in the sandbox?
2. If I do that will apps and sites I open from the browser also remain in the sandbox?

Hi,

1. If you want to feel more secured visinting some websites the sandbox will execute your browser under a protected environment (virtualization based on hardware) to protect you from some threats you may encounter. So that way the threat cannot affect your system.

2. Yes, if the browser or process is executed in the sandbox will remain there (in the sandbox) until you terminate the processes on the sandbox.

That said malware is always evolving, so there need to be cautions and if you visit malicious websites, sandbox may not protect you from some malware with evading sandbox capabilities.
If the user has carefull it will be protect on a normally websites navigation.

Best Regards,
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:36:28 PM by fvmb »

Offline bilnrobn2

Re: Couple of questions about the Avast Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 02:36:40 AM »
Thanks fbmv, that is very helpful.