Author Topic: Running an old version of Avast!  (Read 1251 times)

Offline claudiu13

Running an old version of Avast!
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »
Hello,

I am running an old version of Avast!, with Behavior, Network, File, Web and Mail  shields installed on a Win7/64 PC, Firefox browser. Streaming Updates and Reputation services enabled; also Sandboxing enabled.

So, any danger using this old version? Why do I need to install the latest version?  Shields are shields and are based on same definitions,,,

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Running an old version of Avast!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:03:48 PM »
So you have a old car, why get a new?

They all have 4 wheels / steering wheel / engine and still run on gasoline or diesel, what could possible have changed ?

Offline claudiu13

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »
So you have a old car, why get a new?

To be honest I never bought a new car as long as the old one was still running. All I want is to get from point A to point B, without "touch screen", "reverse camera" "heated drive wheel" , etc.

So, back to my question, is the protection offered by version 7 enough????

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 03:01:31 PM »
All I want is to get from point A to point B, without "touch screen", "reverse camera" "heated drive wheel" , etc.
These are not safety features ....

So, back to my question, is the protection offered by version 7 enough?
The world of malware is not static, it changes evry day and it is a ongoing arms race where bad guys constantly find new tricks to avoid security and AV vendors must find new tricks to detect and block

So newer versions have bug fixes and updated features, but you have to decide if that is for you