Author Topic: Unable to connect to Avast VPN  (Read 8856 times)

REDACTED

Unable to connect to Avast VPN
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:51:42 AM »
I have purchased Secureline for 2 years and installed it and activated it successfully. I was able to connect to vpn initially but now it does not connect. Optimal location goes for malaysia and i am browsing from india. After several unsuccessful trials - re-installation, restarts and restarts of router, VPN still does not work. Moreover internet also does not work on my MacBook pro. Finally figured out that VPN was starting whenever mac started and i disabled it from the preferences menu. Now, i am able to use internet on my MacBook. However VPN still does not work. I would like to go for a refund or a config help.

Offline krahulik

Re: Unable to connect to Avast VPN
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »
Hello,
the Avast SecureLine VPN uses the IPsec protocol provided by the operating system. The protocol is sensitive to a high link latency and MTU fragmentation. If you manage to connect to the VPN but cannot communicate afterwards, the second one will likely be the issue. The other frequent source of troubles is accidentally simultaneously running Cisco AnyConnect.

The only thing I can advice you is to contact our support with an on-line ticket (https://support.avast.com) and ask them for a refund.

Best Regards,
Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:03:33 PM »
I use tp-link archer c60 and i was not able to find IPSec configuration in it. VPN connects intermittently and i am able to use it only for a couple of minutes before it disconnects.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
I have raised a ticket for refund - 07682376

Offline Dennes

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 01:26:39 PM »
I have purchased Secureline for 1 year and installed it and activated it successfully. I was able to connect to vpn initially but now it does not connect. to any server.  It indicates that there is a connection error to verify the server This for me is impossible since can't tell which server was trying to communicate.  I would like a refund pleaseƍ