Author Topic: Help !!! Problem....with Internet browser  (Read 51213 times)

t4ngky

Help !!! Problem....with Internet browser
« on: August 20, 2006, 05:09:02 PM »
Guys...help please...Suddenly my browser doesn't  functionally normal (it won't browse the internet) the strange things is  my internet connection is normaly (messenger is normal, when i browse with program such as i tune or Windows media player everything is normal ) the problem is when i browse with my Firefox or Internet Explorer there are message "Contain no data" (which means the browser report that i don't have any connection with the Internet) but when I stop the On-Access Protection Control everything go back to normal...

Any suggestion................................. ???

Thanks before.....:D  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Help !!! Problem....with Internet browser
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 05:26:18 PM »
When I stop the On-Access Protection Control everything go back to normal...
Or you're trying to see abnormal webpages and this does not occur with all pages.
Or you're infected and you shouldn't disable the antivirus  :o

Try cleaning your temporary files.
Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
Use a-squared, ewido or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers).

Let us know the results  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »
What is your firewall ?
Does it allow ashWebSv.exe to access the internet ?
when i browse with my Firefox or Internet Explorer there are message "Contain no data"
This and the fact that it works when the web shield is paused would tend to indicate firewall blocking.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

t4ngky

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 06:59:51 PM »
When I stop the On-Access Protection Control everything go back to normal...
Or you're trying to see abnormal webpages and this does not occur with all pages.
Or you're infected and you shouldn't disable the antivirus  :o

1st the error happens to all webpages, its happen to every browser both Mozzila firefox and IE
2nd I already scan all of the files on my hardrive but there is no viruses found

Try cleaning your temporary files.
Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
Use a-squared, ewido or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers).

Let us know the results  ;)

I already do what u sugest ( cleaning the temporary files & scanning archives) no viruses found and stiil no changes, I still can't browse when the "ON-Access Protection" swtiched ON but when its OFF Yes! I can browse normally but without protection....any more suggestion.....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 07:05:55 PM »
Did you read my post ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

t4ngky

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
What is your firewall ?
Does it allow ashWebSv.exe to access the internet ?

I'm using standatr win xP sp2 firewall, yes its allow ashWebSv.exe to access internet, and I already mention I only had the problem when I switch on the On-Access Protection from AVAST, but when I disabled it everthing normal.....so I have conclusion its was because of the AVAST not the Firewall

when i browse with my Firefox or Internet Explorer there are message "Contain no data"
This and the fact that it works when the web shield is paused would tend to indicate firewall blocking.

Yes that was I think 1st time, but now its clear when I'm disable the Avast there are no problem at all when I using my browser, and I already try to Pause the Avast provider 1 by 1 to find which one is cause the problem but there are still problem even I already pause all the provider,

So right now I Only can browse the internet when the Avast protection disable..... :-[

Plz any more suggestion.....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:42:10 PM »
See Image are both of these in the XP firewall Exclusions and are they ticked ?

If so I'm at a loss as to what what might be blocking ashWebSv.exe

In order for this to happen there would have to be some form of interaction with another program, disable one and it will work, however, that doesn't give an indication of what is truly at fault.

Do you use a router ?
Do you use a proxy program or is this a requirement of your ISP, etc. ?

As you mention 'Suddenly my browser doesn't  functionally normal (it won't browse the internet)' have you changed anything recently, new program, etc.

Edit, Ignore the bit in the image about the firewall being off, I use Outpost Pro. You could switch off the XP firewall, for a quick test with web shield enabled and see if that works, then enable the firewall.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 07:44:52 PM by DavidR »

t4ngky

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
See Image are both of these in the XP firewall Exclusions and are they ticked ?

If so I'm at a loss as to what what might be blocking ashWebSv.exe
Yes they are

In order for this to happen there would have to be some form of interaction with another program, disable one and it will work, however, that doesn't give an indication of what is truly at fault.

Do you use a router ?
Do you use a proxy program or is this a requirement of your ISP, etc. ?

As you mention 'Suddenly my browser doesn't  functionally normal (it won't browse the internet)' have you changed anything recently, new program, etc.

Edit, Ignore the bit in the image about the firewall being off, I use Outpost Pro. You could switch off the XP firewall, for a quick test with web shield enabled and see if that works, then enable the firewall.

Looks new changes happening, I have just restore my default firewall setting, and every my last configuration setting at the Avast program ,......

Right now my browser normal if only I disabled the "Web Shield" at the On Access Protection setting.........Is that normal.....? because when I try enabled it, the browser won't work again.....

Thanks before.....man :D

Spiritsongs

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
 :)  Hi "14" :

You may have a problem that is NOT a "virus", but some-
      thing more serious, that is NOT detected by Avast .
      Other than Avast & your inadequate XP SP2 "firewall",
      what other security program(s) do you have on your
       computer ? If you do NOT have "Ewido", as Tech
      suggested, would encourage you do do so, since it
     "specializes" in more "serious" malware, like trojans,
      worms, keyloggers, generic dialers, etc in detecting &
      quarantining them .

t4ngky

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

You may have a problem that is NOT a "virus", but some-
      thing more serious, that is NOT detected by Avast .
      Other than Avast & your inadequate XP SP2 "firewall",
      what other security program(s) do you have on your
       computer ? If you do NOT have "Ewido", as Tech
      suggested, would encourage you do do so, since it
     "specializes" in more "serious" malware, like trojans,
      worms, keyloggers, generic dialers, etc in detecting &
      quarantining them .

Ewido I already check the website....and its not free dude, Its kind of expensive, Can u suggest something Free maybe ????:D

Spiritsongs

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »

I realize the ewido website can be misleading as to the
     program; one starts off by downloading the program,
     which includes "real-time protection" and automatic
     updates for a "trial" period. Let the "trial" end without
     purchasing the program ; it "reverts" to the "free" version
     where you "lose" the real-time protection and automatic
     Updates. I have for a long time, been using the "free"
     Ewido .

t4ngky

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »
Okay,I'll try to download Ewido 1st, but still do any one have exact answer....Why that When I enabled (switch to normal position) The Web Shield On-Access Protection, I can't browse any website with my FireFox and IE...?????

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
Why that When I enabled (switch to normal position) The Web Shield On-Access Protection, I can't browse any website with my FireFox and IE...?????
Is ashwebsv.exe allowed to receive 'inbound' connections from the Internet into the XP SP2 firewall?

The real free version of ewido anti-spyware, with real-time protection and automatic online update disabled by default, i.e., the on-demand scanner only (without need to wait the trial period to expire) is here: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/ewido-anti-spyware-free/lng/us/tpl/v5
The best things in life are free.

SNOWHITE

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 11:30:15 PM »
Hi 14,
You can also scan your computer  online and clean it, or download  ewido anti-spyware micro scanner http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/  ;)

testy

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 04:08:37 AM »
Microsoft has Windows Defender which is free.