Author Topic: Help !!! Problem....with Internet browser  (Read 51208 times)

Reiska

Re: Help !!! Problem....with Internet browser
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2007, 11:55:39 PM »

For any reason, avast cannot access that folder correctly.
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the last version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

I uninstalled and re-installed Avast. I still need shut down web-shield to browse web. In the log file there are those same errors only with different path as I installed Avast to different folder.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »
I still need shut down web-shield to browse web.
Sorry, the thread is too long to search it now...
Which is your firewall?
Into the firewall settings, the following programs should be allowed to connect:

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe (avast! e-Mail Scanner Service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup (avast! Update executable). This is a temporary file that just appears when an update (check) is about to launch, and disappears again afterwards.

Don't need rights to connect:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe (avast! antivirus service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe (avast! Update Service)

Maybe you can remove the avast entries and let the firewall ask for permission again...
The best things in life are free.

Reiska

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »
I made sure that my Kerio firewall doesn't block any avast related files. I cannot browse web without shutting down web-shield even if I have the fire wall disabled.

what about these parts from setup.log? They seem to relate to install time. I configured the firewall not to block avast files and then rebooted. There were no such entries matching the re-boot time. Can these be the issue? Should re-install avast one more time with firewall disabled?

22.06.2007   01:01:49.000   1182463309   file   Fix security on: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\*.*
22.06.2007   01:01:49.000   1182463309   file   Fix security on: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\*.*
22.06.2007   01:01:49.000   1182463309   file   Fix security on: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\HELP\*.*
22.06.2007   01:01:49.000   1182463309   file   Fix security on: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\HtmlData\*.*
22.06.2007   01:01:49.000   1182463309   file   Fix security on: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\images\*.*

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:49 AM »
What if you try disabling the transparent proxy and manually set your browser/s to use the web shield proxy.

How to disable transparent web shield proxy and allow only those browsers you want use it:
In avast! go to Web Shield provider, Customize..., Basic tab, blank the redirected HTTP port field (remove the 80). Now no browser can use web shield unless you manually configure it to use Web Shield.

For IE - broadband users: - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for IE
For IE - dialup users - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for IE (Dial-up)
For Firefox users - Tutorial - Web Shield Proxy Set-up for Firefox

I don't believe the fix security on those folders would have this impact, that may be setting folder permissions, etc. though I don't know for sure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Sundancer

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »
Hi, I just wanted to pipe in here to share my experience with this problem.
Ever since two days ago after my pc locked up and I had to bring it down hard, I've had the same problem described in this thread.  I've tried just about every suggestion to no avail.  Somehow I stumbled across a corrupted folder C:\windows\temp\_avast4_    I removed this folder and my problem has gone away!  Avast is working perfectly now!!  I'm hoping that his might help some of you having similar problems.

Cathy

Reiska

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 02:29:49 AM »
Ever since two days ago after my pc locked up and I had to bring it down hard, I've had the same problem described in this thread.  I've tried just about every suggestion to no avail.  Somehow I stumbled across a corrupted folder C:\windows\temp\_avast4_    I removed this folder and my problem has gone away!  Avast is working perfectly now!!  I'm hoping that his might help some of you having similar problems.

Cathy

I removed that folder too and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks Cathy.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »
I have to thank you to have posting there... a solution that we haven't addressed.
I'll keep it in mind when there were connection troubles.
The best things in life are free.

Sundancer

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 03:57:02 PM »
I removed that folder too and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks Cathy.
Woohoo!!!  I'm so happy this has helped you.  This problem has been frustrating to say the least!

I have to thank you to have posting there... a solution that we haven't addressed.
I'll keep it in mind when there were connection troubles.
You're welcome.  I'm glad that I could help.