Author Topic: AVAST Premium Security dramatically slowing down Galaxy S8 +  (Read 747 times)

Offline hhisteve

AVAST Premium Security dramatically slowing down Galaxy S8 +
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:26:14 PM »
Hi All,

I thought I'd give AVAST a try after not using it for a while.  I purchased the Premium Security for multiple devices and installed onto my Surface Pro and on my Galaxy S8+.  I installed the PS onto my mobile device and almost immediately I noticed a severe slow down in processing speed.  After a couple of days of dealing with this, I decided the best option was to uninstall the Avast product.

After restarting my mobile device a few times, I noticed that it still was very slow at responding to any request.  I uninstalled over 20 other apps that I thought would help speed up the processing power but to no avail.

Yesterday, it came to a head when the device slowed so far down that it actually stopped working for about an hour.  I was able to shut it down and leave it alone.  When I restarted it, it started working again but still very slow.

I spoke with "Jay" in your support department today who suggested that I go to "Device Maintenance" under the Settings menu but the device only shows "Device Care".  After going back and forth with him to explain that I REALLY only have that option and that there isn't a "Device Maintenance" option or a "Performance Mode" under "Device Care, he concluded that either Samsung or T-Mobile was restricting access to that part of the menu. 

I am waiting to hear back from T-Mo now but in the meantime, this still doesn't address if I can utilize Avast Premium Security on my mobile device. 

Have you had any other issues similar to mine that has caused other devices to slow down dramatically?

Cheers,
Steve

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0