Author Topic: For Opera?  (Read 16409 times)

Offline daftshadow

For Opera?
« on: March 03, 2017, 07:16:11 AM »
Will Avast Password ever be supported in Opera? Since Avast Online Security is an available extension on the browser, shouldn't Password be too?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: For Opera?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
You are not the first one to ask.
Please (re)search before posting.

avast said they will consider adding support for Opera, but this was many months ago...
After that no word about it from avast. :(

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:40:54 AM »
Hi daftshadow,

we don't support opera officially.
But as it is based on chromium then chrome extension actually should work there (I believe we are talking about the one based on blink).
If you are interested in guide how to make it work in there ping me PM.
Note that Avast Safe zone browser is based on opera as well and it already has passwords extension bundled so you may consider it as replacement of original Opera browser.

Regards,

Martin

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
I haven't tested it and I have no idea if it will work or not, but there is a extension for Opera that allows people to install and use extensions for Chrome.
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/

If you want, I would say give it a try and let us know.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »
How to

Note that we don't support Opera browser officially so reading more and following procedure described here is on your own risk!

If you really want to have Passwords in Opera based on blink you can do it following way - note that we will count Opera as you would use Chrome, so in settings you will see chrome extension activated even in case you don't have chrome installed.
In order to be able activate the extension you will need either Firefox or Chrome browser installed anyway

Steps:

Should you have any problems with our extension in Opera please post it here on forum as support will tell you Opera is not supported ;-)
P.S.: don't worry I have checked steps above out and earth is still spinning - I hope at least :)

Offline EgorUk

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »
Hi daftshadow,

we don't support opera officially.
But as it is based on chromium then chrome extension actually should work there (I believe we are talking about the one based on blink).
If you are interested in guide how to make it work in there ping me PM.
Note that Avast Safe zone browser is based on opera as well and it already has passwords extension bundled so you may consider it as replacement of original Opera browser.

Regards,

Martin

And where can I download this SafeZone browser for Mac, please?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
Sorry but Safe zone browser is not distributed on Mac.

Offline EgorUk

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 07:32:26 AM »
Will it ever?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »
No it will not.

Offline EgorUk

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 06:40:13 AM »
Why not? Is it a "discrimination" to Mac users? Or not possible?

Offline linuxpusher

• The Original LinuxPusher
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 07:29:05 PM »
How to

Note that we don't support Opera browser officially so reading more and following procedure described here is on your own risk!

If you really want to have Passwords in Opera based on blink you can do it following way - note that we will count Opera as you would use Chrome, so in settings you will see chrome extension activated even in case you don't have chrome installed.
In order to be able activate the extension you will need either Firefox or Chrome browser installed anyway

Steps:

Should you have any problems with our extension in Opera please post it here on forum as support will tell you Opera is not supported ;-)
P.S.: don't worry I have checked steps above out and earth is still spinning - I hope at least :)

Thank You Very Much !
LP
Be Brave, Truthful, Protect the less Fortunate !
and
"If it's not broken don't fix it ! "

Offline sweelin

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks for these steps. i have done them and have gotten the avast passwords to work.
My chrome extension does not work and have disabled it. So i am fine with it. I just wished that they would add
opera to this. Because I have been using Opera for 20 + years and I just love it. Thanks so much again.

How to

Steps:

Offline sweelin

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 01:56:26 AM »
i have a problem now with the avast password extionsion. it says please re-add our browser extension. i have done this several times and it still shows it with the red ! next to the yellow key. I just do not know what to do. Please help me. I have been using this opera for a long time and the extension. this is the first time i have seen the yellow key with a red ! next to it.