Author Topic: Avast Mail Shield  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Wittmann

• Pegasus
  • Retired professional engineer BSc.Eng M.I.Mech.E
Avast Mail Shield
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »
My incoming emails do not have an Avast clear scan note added at the bottom. Nothing tells me that Avast has cleared the incoming mails.

I have 4 email programs - Outlook.com, Mozilla Thunderbird, Yahoo and Gmail - what does Avast do with multiple mail programs ?
Does Avast check them all, select one of them (which one ?) or simply does not check any of them.
UTRINQUE PARATUS
Windows 10 version 20H2 - Avast free AV - ZoneAlarm Firewall

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast Mail Shield
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
Avast mail scanner scans popular email transfer protocols, such as POP3 and IMAP and SMTP. Both encrypted and plain text - if your mail client uses one of these, it will scan it, no matter how many clients you use.

By outlook.com you mean Outlook app from Office?
For Yahoo and Gmail - can you post a link to the mail clients? I am not aware of these. I doubt that gmail will be using POP or IMAP.

Offline Wittmann

• Pegasus
  • Retired professional engineer BSc.Eng M.I.Mech.E
Re: Avast Mail Shield
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:29:12 PM »
Avast mail scanner scans popular email transfer protocols, such as POP3 and IMAP and SMTP. Both encrypted and plain text - if your mail client uses one of these, it will scan it, no matter how many clients you use.

By outlook.com you mean Outlook app from Office?
For Yahoo and Gmail - can you post a link to the mail clients? I am not aware of these. I doubt that gmail will be using POP or IMAP.

Gmail and Yahoo are major email services. POP seems OK with Gmail. Never had any problems with my mail, just wanted to know how Avast treated multi email programs.
No Avast marker is put on any of my incoming mails.
UTRINQUE PARATUS
Windows 10 version 20H2 - Avast free AV - ZoneAlarm Firewall