Author Topic: Webshield Not Working?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline bastupi

Webshield Not Working?
« on: October 11, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Hello,

I recently installed Avast Free for my MacOS. I did a couple of eicar test files, however, I noticed that the file shield was able to detect the test file, however, some of the web-based tests were not being detected. I tried reinstalling avast and reallowing avast to have access to the full system, but unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue with the web shield detecting malicious web activity or downloads. There were other sites that I tested the web shield on, but still the same result with the file shield detecting the test malware, but not the web shield.   

Offline guillaumelou

Re: Webshield Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »
Hi, I have done the same test with same results. But the results are different with the PC version. the web shield works.
I first thought the mac version has this behaviour because the attack is not an issue for a mac so the webshield doesn't block because it's not an issue for mac when just browsing, but the file shield block the download because in order to prevent an infection if shared with a pc.

Offline guillaumelou

Re: Webshield Not Working?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 07:38:51 PM »
I have done another test today, didn't think to that point before. I normaly use Firefox, but i have tried with Safari and the webshield reacts immediately.