Author Topic: Another one...somebody stop me please !  (Read 29399 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Another one...somebody stop me please !
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 03:08:28 PM »
SZ, Raman started an interesting idea: the picture of Neo is certainly nice but aren't you somehow violating the copyrights of the Matrix publisher (Warner Bros)...

???

Any lawyers in here?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 04:09:53 PM »
Vlk wrote:
SZ, Raman started an interesting idea: the picture of Neo is certainly nice but aren't you somehow violating the copyrights of the Matrix publisher (Warner Bros)...

OK, I don't know anything about it... but, you gave me an idea in the first place. Believe me, there is no other way, we can make Matrix skin and not to use some of Matrix symbols. No, problem, I can change it and replace it with something else, but then it will not be a Matrix style skin anymore.

Give me an idea and I'll change that display into something else...
that way, I should replace those Matrix blury, falling letters, everything that is somehow connected to Matrix, otherwise there always will be that somebody who doesn't have anything other cleaver to do, than sue me for violating the copyrights of the Matrix publisher... that sucks... there is so many modifications of Matrix skins, pictures, commercials on the internet and TV.

In my case, the most important thing is:

I do NOT make any money on these skins. That's just my vision and my creativity...

If you want me to stop with this, just say and I'm gonne...

...and you all guys talk about Raman... Who is Raman and where can I read his post ?

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 04:13:57 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 04:31:19 PM »
This is in my opinion  not part of the copyright law. Sasha has no mney put into this so why would it break the law?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 05:27:11 PM »
Thanks my friend for your generous support, but I'm not gonna risk and make some people mad without any reason... I'm very calm guy, I like to help people (everybody knows that), I'm a very good friend (everybody says that), and I would like to stay that way (I know that)...

So... "Matri-X-kin" doesn't exist any more... I destroyed that idea...
But, what I just did, is that I transformed few bitmaps into something else... very similar, but nothing much to associate it with that movie... No more Neo's picture, no more "the name of the skin" logo, and skin is no more under the same name... Now, it's called "Techno by SZCraftec".

I'm tired of all this... I think I'm just gonna go...

OK, if you scroll a little bit lower in this thread, you'll find new (reconstructed) version... if you like it, upload it, if not, forget about this one... no hard feelings, life was always like that.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 06:20:40 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »
Hey, no, I wasn't suggesting to abandon the Matrix idea... After all, it was me who asked for it in the first place!

I meant absolutely no offense, all I wanted to say is that I'm a bit worried if someone couldn't take the skin and say: "Hey, you're not supposed to do this! This is mine!"...

Personally I believe the skin is OK even from the copyright point of view but I wanted to know what other people think about it, too...

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 06:11:18 PM »
The matrix skin looks really "cool" and it is on to you(S.Z.Craftec)/ Avast to to publish the skin on the Avast homepage or not. But have in mind, that it *could* conflict with  the copyright.  
MfG Ralf

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 06:15:11 PM »
No, no Vlk, my friend... you've got me wrong...
I didn't think you are the one who wanted to abondon this project. I would NEVER think like that. You are one of the most wonderful people in the forums I have ever met. You are the person who made me try and work even more. Every suggestion that comes from you my friend is more than WELCOME. Every little thing that you think it should be changed, just say... I'll do whatever is in my power. You know me Ondrej...

I was sad because it looked like someone from "aside" is trying to shut off this skin thing. It's stupid... how can anyone sue me for violating of something if I don't make money on that ?

So, don't worry, every suggestion from you, MacLover2000, Technical, Culpeper and many, many others who I forgot, but which are worth to be mentioned, are welcome. I know how to listen people, and I'm doing that right now...

I don't wanna make additional problems for skinmakers or for programmers, just because of some stupid Neo's face inside that skin. So...

The ugly face (oh, what a s**t... I wish I look like him) is out, logo is out, is there anything else I can do to impove that ? If there is something, just let me know, and I'll fix that right away... you know me, again.

Cheers my friends !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 01:45:09 PM by S.Z.C »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 06:19:26 PM »
The matrix skin looks really "cool" and it is on to you(S.Z.Craftec)/ Avast to to publish the skin on the Avast homepage or not. But have in mind, that it *could* conflict with  the copyright.  

OK, Raman, but what with this one ? Do you still think it can cause some problems ? I don't think so, there is nothing offensive inside, no names, no logo, no faces, no movie symbols... nothing. Those green, blury, falling letters... common, every single TV commercial here in Canada has that inside... everyone is into that...

Cheers!

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 11:33:48 PM »
Hmm I think the Forst one looks better. I like the rounded windows.
But overall the G5 is the best skin I have ever seen!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 12:26:54 AM »
Sorry, another one... (some changes done)

Or maybe this one... different external slide windows... I'd like to hear from you Avast! users all around the globe... so, tell me which one by your opinion is better...

Thanks in advance !

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 12:27:58 AM »
Not Bad at all  8)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 12:34:10 AM »
I like the way how that crack in the middle of main display looks like...

Message for Vlk: Don't upload old version of this skin. When you are ready, just let me know and I will send you the final one. I'm still waiting for Martin's respond... I have some minor troubles with one of those 3 animations, but it seems like this program (ActiveSkin/SkinBuilder) has some serious bugs...

Cheers !

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 12:36:34 AM »
uh oh! bugs  :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 03:04:34 AM »
I meant, it's not professional of me to release that skin without approval from Alwil guys first.  ;)

Of course, I understand this  ;)

100 people suggest to me to change something different in skin... what should I do ?

Ok, we are talking about video/monitor bugs, major troubles, windows sizes... I mean, 'big' things or crucial repairs as you said... Of course, not for "...I want that button to be red, I want it to be green, corners must be little less sharp...".

Of course, I understand this  ;)

Try to understand me Technical. Well, it's strange, there is always more critics people than designers in the world (I don't think of someone specifically, don't get me wrong ths time).

I understand you perfectly  ;D

For example... WinAMP and BSplayer skins tests no one except programmers themselves.

Sorry, I didn't know that... I thought we can 'test' a skin like that one (G5) you sent me by email  ::)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2004, 03:53:20 AM »
Ok, Technical I like your way of thinking and I can see you're wery good person.

I can send you this latest version of skin (it's not "Matri-X-kin" anymore, now it's "Techno"), but please... please, don't distribute it around untill Vlk approves it.

And you must promise me something... you'll replace that version with final one when Alwil guys upload it in skins download section... OK ?

Cheers !

P.S. Let me know where you want me to send it and which version (the one with rounded corners or latest one with rectangular sliding pannels, you've seen in my latest post)