Author Topic: Another one...somebody stop me please !  (Read 29400 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Another one...somebody stop me please !
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2004, 05:28:33 PM »
Ok, Technical I like your way of thinking and I can see you're wery good person.

I can send you this latest version of skin (it's not "Matri-X-kin" anymore, now it's "Techno"), but please... please, don't distribute it around untill Vlk approves it. And you must promise me something... you'll replace that version with final one when Alwil guys upload it in skins download section... OK ? Cheers !

P.S. Let me know where you want me to send it and which version (the one with rounded corners or latest one with rectangular sliding pannels, you've seen in my latest post)

You can send me by email the one you think will survive!  ;D
Of course, I'll keep our conditions and terms  8)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2004, 08:50:57 PM »
After some time, we have decided not to reject "Matri-X-kin" idea. So, I finally finished that skin...

OK guys, this is skin preview (screenshot) for all of you and specially for MacLover2000. This is the final version of "Matri-X-kin":

In my next post you can see another idea, but Vlk and I thought that version of the skin would be "too much" for our users... I'll make another one separately from "Matri-X-kin" idea, with sex theme one day... hehe  ;D

So, first attachment is final look of the "Matri-X-kin" skin, and second attachment is rejected idea... just one dream that is never going to turn into reality... (I use that skin sometimes too... pssst)  ;)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2004, 08:52:24 PM »
Second one... rejected project, although I like it much more that first one... but, what can I do ?

trigger

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2004, 09:10:33 PM »
Well, to keep it matrix like, you could put a trinity picture in it. She does wear some tight stuuf now and then... ;D

Peter

trigger

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2004, 09:11:44 PM »
btw, I am giving up ont he LCARS skin. I just can not get it right :'(. So if anyone likes to pick up the glove... Be my guest.

peter

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2004, 09:37:21 PM »
Well, to keep it matrix like, you could put a trinity picture in it. She does wear some tight stuuf now and then... ;D

Peter

Trinity *is* there... take a look at far left slide pannel. And, btw, no offence, but she does look more like man than woman to me... Monica Bellucci is the one...  ;D

mr.morden

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2004, 11:28:41 PM »
hey,can someone provide me direct link where i can download that skinmaker?,i wanna try to make a skin too..:D ;D

thx

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2004, 12:06:55 AM »
trigger PLEASE DONT GIVE UP! I want the LCARS skin!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2004, 12:19:42 AM »
First of all, ActiveSkin (SkinBuilder) is not available any more... God knows why, but web site doesn't provide link for download anymore...

Second thing... (reply to mr.morden) that program is not standard basic skin maker as you may think - one of those "load picture, save skin and run it". This one is much more complex, plus, the program unfortunately is full of bugs.

Advice for mr.morden:

First step - make your preview of the future skin you want to build. Use Photoshop or any other good drawing utility.

If you see that picture and your idea, both looks good and it would be nice skin out of that idea, then start to think about learning how to do it in ActiveSkin, 'cause, believe me... there is lots of work... lots of...
You have to draw basic picture (background for the main pannel), every button state (that means, for each button you can have minimum 3 states - normal, mouse hover and pressed), you have to build transitions for every single button and you have to build and control animations. Last one isn't easy at all, especially 'cause ActiveSkin has ugly bug in itself and make your process of making animations, miserable (you'll pull your hair out of your head... :( )

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I'm just saying that you must be more than ready to start with this... BTW, we hope that we'll see some more avast! skin designers in the future... anyway, we have to do something with this program (SkinBuilder), 'cause it's almost impossible to work in this conditions...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 12:23:18 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

trigger

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2004, 08:36:59 AM »
no offence, but she does look more like man than woman to me...
;D ;D ;D Is that why you kept the picture so small   ;D ;D ;D

trigger PLEASE DONT GIVE UP! I want the LCARS skin!
I'll give it another try then. I also want it.

Peter

mr.morden

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2004, 11:37:51 AM »
i think ill pass :(
too complicated thing for me,those skins:P

;)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2004, 02:16:46 PM »
Note for TRIGGER and MR.MORDEN:

Guys... don't give up. It's not so hard as it looks like. I just wanted you to know what you have to expect before you get into this job... those were my best advices for you and all future skin makers.

DON'T GIVE UP on anything in your life. You must be persistent... there is no other way, than DIE HARD... right ? If you want something badly, you must keep trying. You see my example ? I tried and tried, and even when it was hopeless, I didn't give up...

And Trigger... I really want to see somebody else making skin for avast! in Start Trek style...

Cheers !

P.S. We just have to find good working version of SkinBuilder. That's why they eliminated SkinBuilder download link, most likely.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2004, 12:04:28 AM »
Start Trek style
LCARS would be so great. I have the entire TNG collection on DVD
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

The Hurricane

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2004, 09:46:42 PM »
Nice personal picture Mr. Craftec!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2004, 11:24:28 PM »
What makes you think it looks good ? It suppose to be joke, so it must look stupid...