Author Topic: firewall changes ...  (Read 1782 times)

Offline sandy55

firewall changes ...
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:04:25 AM »
I have not changed anything and I am getting messages that the firewall has allowed
Windows Explorer to access the network ... just before that another page
Application rules... 9 in total allowed access on all connections and intel corp 3 from them...

If I was doing fine without them to this point why has Avast allowed them now?
win 8.1 (64) avast version 18.5.2342(build) 18.5.3931.0 apparently this is Premier version according to an internet search on that version number above.. tho it does not state this in about or any other place on my computer...

Offline sandy55

Re: firewall changes ...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 05:28:58 AM »
new message google installer now has access to the network... wth avast...
is it free for all day?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:31:09 AM by sandy55 »
win 8.1 (64) avast version 18.5.2342(build) 18.5.3931.0 apparently this is Premier version according to an internet search on that version number above.. tho it does not state this in about or any other place on my computer...

Offline sandy55

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:36:47 AM »
when I first turned on my computer today it has been off a couple days I did an avast update before I ran anything else that update dated oct 12th... finished

since all these pop ups and changes I did another update this time it comes with a new day of oct 16th... this may be a small but significant clue for those of you in the know...

Offline sandy55

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:52:52 AM »
before I could do anything on the computer it said it was installing updates to wait... perhaps this is what it was setting up .. free for all day and knocking out your recent updates because I know for certain I had updated since Oct 12 th yet for some reason that was the date of the first new update I did after being allowed on tonight... the second update came with Oct 16th date.

So I am turning it off cause I do not trust it good night.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
Hi,

Avast Firewall makes decisions based on your firewall settings.
If you wish to revoke/change access to a specific application you can change it in "Application Rules". https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/25
Please see these articles for more information. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Avast-Firewall-FAQ

Furthermore, for the past few days, there has been a delay with virus definition updates. For most users, it was stuck on the 12th of October.
Yesterday, the issue was resolved, and you should be up to date soon.

Please see this forum thread on the virus update issue: https://forum.avast.com/?topic=229974.0
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:10:57 PM by r@vast »

Offline sandy55

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 07:11:52 PM »
computer has been off for days now virus update will not start. a few more popups of allowed access.. store broker is one I caught the name of.
I am not sure how windows now seems to be able to add any sort of crap it wants to my computer when before it did not have this sort of access I did not change anything ... did avast make these changes?

Offline sandy55

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 07:25:39 PM »
computer has been off for days now virus update will not start. a few more popups of allowed access.. store broker is one I caught the name of.
I am not sure how windows now seems to be able to add any sort of crap it wants to my computer when before it did not have this sort of access I did not change anything ... did avast make these changes?

I did not make any changes to allow anything else on my computer ... I updated on the 14th all seemed fine next time I used the computer it went back to the 12th date of update and all sorts of changes had been made and not by me... period... hacked? 
I don't change anything ever as I know I dont understand it and do not want problems.

the name I caught today store broker has access to all ports.... seems to be a problem for others online according to a search I made I do not understand how to change it back...

Why does Store Broker (wshost.exe) keep killing my CPU ...
https://answers.microsoft.com › en-us › forum › windows8_1-performance
Jan 24, 2014 - 1 post
I've got a new Windows 8 machine and, for some reason, the Store Broker keeps pegging my CPU. It seems to pop up every time I do anything with the Windows Store (makes sense) or use some Metro apps (also makes sense). However, for some reason, this process takes up 33% of my CPU ...
WSHOST.EXE, Store Broker is taking up 75% of my CPU ...   1 post   Feb. 12, 2014
Store Broker uses tio much of my CPU! - Microsoft ...   1 post   Jul. 2, 2016
Windows Store and Store Broker using 100% CPU and ...   1 post   Apr. 13, 2014
Windows Store Broker problem: very high CPU usage thus ...   1 post   May 8, 2014
More results from answers.microsoft.com

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »

I did not make any changes to allow anything else on my computer ... I updated on the 14th all seemed fine next time I used the computer it went back to the 12th date of update and all sorts of changes had been made and not by me... period... hacked? 
I don't change anything ever as I know I dont understand it and do not want problems.

the name I caught today store broker has access to all ports.... seems to be a problem for others online according to a search I made I do not understand how to change it back...

Why does Store Broker (wshost.exe) keep killing my CPU ...
https://answers.microsoft.com › en-us › forum › windows8_1-performance
Jan 24, 2014 - 1 post
I've got a new Windows 8 machine and, for some reason, the Store Broker keeps pegging my CPU. It seems to pop up every time I do anything with the Windows Store (makes sense) or use some Metro apps (also makes sense). However, for some reason, this process takes up 33% of my CPU ...
WSHOST.EXE, Store Broker is taking up 75% of my CPU ...   1 post   Feb. 12, 2014
Store Broker uses tio much of my CPU! - Microsoft ...   1 post   Jul. 2, 2016
Windows Store and Store Broker using 100% CPU and ...   1 post   Apr. 13, 2014
Windows Store Broker problem: very high CPU usage thus ...   1 post   May 8, 2014
More results from answers.microsoft.com

Hi,

Any changes to Microsoft applications would most likely have occurred due to a Windows update.
Please see this Windows Update: FAQ  for more information. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Concerning Store Broker /Windows Store: It would be best to contact Microsoft as mentioned at this link.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_store/windows-store/ca81b81b-8b86-42c1-90b5-ec3e4afa1b4a?tm=1536786596734