Author Topic: Download older version (19.4.2374) of Avast?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline coffent

Download older version (19.4.2374) of Avast?
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
Is it possible to download an older version of Avast Free Antivirus (specifically, 19.4.2374)?

(The reason I ask is that some months ago, after updating Avast to 19.5.2378, my desktop every few hours would slow to a glacial pace with the hard drive running continuously.  I reverted to the earlier version and the problem went await, then went back to the new version and the problem reappeared, and finally went back to the earlier version and the problem has not recurred.

However I converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop a few days ago, and in the process Avast was updated to the latest version.  I am now having the same or a similar problem:  every few seconds to every few hours, the laptop becomes unresponsive for ~30 seconds while the hard disc runs continuously, then everything is ok again.  It could be Windows 10, but given the problem I previously experienced with Avast, I want to try reverting to this earlier version to see if it fixes the problem.)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Download older version (19.4.2374) of Avast?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
Hi,

Please use this link.
http://public.avast.com/supp/old_versions/19_4/avast_free_antivirus_setup_offline.exe

Important.
Please make sure that you are disconnected from the internet before installing the older version.
Once installed and whilst still offline, disable automatic program updates.
Menu - Settings - General - Update - More options (the second one) - Manual update.
Once disabled, proceed to connect to the internet.