Author Topic: I did not want my subscription to renew automatically  (Read 966 times)

Offline Azrael Hollow

I did not want my subscription to renew automatically
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
Hello,

I was not aware that Avast will order subscription automatically after the free trial period, I have already created two refund requests (09440197, 09441430) after which I  have not received a reply on my inbox.
Also I am unable to log into Avast with the email to which I received the payment notification due to the reason email does not exist in avast system.

For what reason I was charged $60.49 to an account that doesn't even exist?

It looks like Avast support ticket is not working.
Could someone please advise on how to proceed to get my refund?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: I did not want my subscription to renew automatically
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 08:20:34 PM »
Every time you submit a 'new' ticket it goes to the back of the line.\
Submitting more than one ticket increases response time.
A response usually takes a couple on BUSINESS days.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I did not want my subscription to renew automatically
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »
@  Azrael Hollow
The trial is free but the product isn't, that is why there is an auto-subscription mandate created (with the details you gave), so at the end of the trial that mandate would be actioned unless you unsubscribed from the auto-subscription before the end of the trial.

Personally there is no way I would give payment details for any product (not just for Avast) so that I could try it.  To my way of thinking that isn't a totally free trial with no commitment to purchase.

The support ticket system is handled in a First In First Out (FiFo) order, submitting multiple tickets only starts the clock again.  Once you submit a ticket be patient it could take up to 5 working days.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security