Author Topic: Uhm, what? (Need help fast).  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Chrolly

Uhm, what? (Need help fast).
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:55:50 AM »
So I just installed Avast and got the premium trial version to see if it's something I like or not.

So I see this option to clean up the computer (to improva performance) and I see several points, showing me what can be cleaned up or whatever.

But this specific one, (not sure if it's called this in English, so I'll just translate it as good as I can) - "System trash" - 1.08 TB, which is basically movies, games etc.

If I click "Solve" on this, is it going to remove all that? because that's definitely not something I want removed because of "lack of space".

I'd appreciate some answers, thank you.

Apologies for any error(s) in my spelling.

Regards, ~~

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Uhm, what? (Need help fast).
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
Hi,

I take it you are referring to Avast Cleanup and the issue you are referring to looks like the screenshot/attachment below.
If you click on "System Junk", it will show you all the files the app found and give you the option to ignore those files
you do not wish to delete.
Please provide a screenshot/attachment if you are revering to something else.

Offline Chrolly

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 11:54:57 AM »
Hi,

I take it you are referring to Avast Cleanup and the issue you are referring to looks like the screenshot/attachment below.
If you click on "System Junk", it will show you all the files the app found and give you the option to ignore those files

Hello.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

It's the tab furthest down, and even though the screenshot looks a tad different, I believe it's the same one.

Basically only one option showing saying "Solve" .. Will I get the option to choose after that or will it just be removed?

Thanks again.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
Hi,

Hello.

It's the tab furthest down, and even though the screenshot looks a tad different, I believe it's the same one.

Basically only one option showing saying "Solve" .. Will I get the option to choose after that or will it just be removed?

Thanks again.

Hi,

It would have been better if you could have sent me a screenshot and attached it to your reply.
( Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot )

Nevertheless, I have attached another screenshot.
If you are referring to Avast Free Antivirus and within the app, you clicked on "Performance" - "Cleanup Premium" - you will be presented with a box as in the screenshot attached,
stating "Resolve".
If that is the case, then no, it will not remove any files. It will give you the option for a trial of Avast Cleanup Premium.

Offline Chrolly

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 12:42:13 PM »
Hi,

Hello.

Thanks again.

Hi,

It would have been better if you could have sent me a screenshot and attached it to your reply.
( Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot )

Nevertheless, I have attached another screenshot.
If you are referring to Avast Free Antivirus and within the app, you clicked on "Performance" - "Cleanup Premium" - you will be presented with a box as in the screenshot attached,
stating "Resolve".
If that is the case, then no, it will not remove any files. It will give you the option for a trial of Avast Cleanup Premium.

I was looking into how to attach a screenshot without much luck the first time.

But the second screen you added is the same one, so I really appreciate your help. :)

Oh and by the way, I'm using the trial premium security version

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:44:37 PM by Chrolly »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:50:10 PM »
I was looking into how to attach a screenshot without much luck the first time.
see below the box you write in   Attachments and other options

Offline Chrolly

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
Lol, how can I have missed that.