Author Topic: Help Avast reporting incorrectly....  (Read 1894 times)

Pixonator

Help Avast reporting incorrectly....
« on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:44 AM »
I use my personal Laptop for work program so i can do work from home,
I started my laptop up and wammo you have a virus,

""22/08/2006 9:07:58 AM   Pix   340   Sign of "Win32:Optix-Z [Trj]" has been found in "C:\Program Files\Smart Architect 2000\SmartArchitect.exe" file. ""

I have had this happen before with another virus scanner also it was AVG antivirus,

Please let me know what to do next,

My msn is: michaelseton@hotmail.com

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Help Avast reporting incorrectly....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:56:48 AM »
Are you using avast Home?
Did you remove (uninstall) AVG before?
If you have an infection, send file to Chest is safer than to delete it...
You can check if the file is really infected or it's not a false positive.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 04:58:23 AM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help Avast reporting incorrectly....
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »
See http://fileinfo.prevx.com/QQ35b115275853-SMAR10682191/SMARTARCHITECT.EXE.html your file location is the same as the common one. However, there is also a reference to a cracked version in a search for smartarchitect.exe,
crack-cd.com Smart Architect 2000 SP3 2203
CRACK.cd. Don't Pay, We Know Another Way! Crack.CD, BTMon.com (Warez Torrents),
This could come with gifts you didn't want, however, if you have a legit copy you shouldn't have to worry about that.

In any case it would be advisable to check out the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and check scan it periodically using the ashQuick scan (right click scan), when it is no longer detected then remove it from the exclusions.
Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security