Author Topic: VPN SecureLine cuts off my torrent traffic, n am a muzik collector, i DO need it  (Read 3603 times)

Offline el24

hello hello avast users!
my story here's dat im hackintoshing since 2011 Snow Leopard..n im very much married to macOS' s installed in regular PC's (still i bought all apple apps i could, got an iPhone, got a macbook, and i will continue purchasing from apple since i feel maself as part of an "Apple Gang" jejjeaj) ... i never used antivirus scept 4 the free ones like clamxav n others...lately avast was THE ONLY GOOD CHOICE for a macOS system, n believe me, this solution DOES THE JOB very very well...
so short story, with ma family decided to pay them 4 their good job n maybe get some in return too, u know? so here we r with SecureLine, but not one single time id launch it do i keep normal traffic with other collectors over the torrent(torrent clients are targeted by avast) ..when the vpn is active just shut down the torrent kb that i was passing him of a dvd, hd video, lossless audio or whatever im exchanging with collectors around the world this vpn cuts the traffic...the connection is the same, cause i can see the ip of the otha fella there still listening for incoming data, but i have to shut down SecureLine if i want to pass to other collector a music concert...
is this a policy against torrenting? torrent clients may be worth of a subject in a discussion i know, there's piracy, but for us simple music collectors that use torrent to exchange concerts, is it really necessary to shut down torrent cause of the misuse it may be given by who knows what fella???
TY for reading if u readed dis, and BIG TY to Avast Forums for not only given us good quality products but also a place where to go when the "machine" overcomes "the man" jaajajajaka ty all have a great weekend!

PS: ROiOs are what they are..is legal when you not selling from something with copyrights (and we do not sell this concerts we collect, we only exchange)..so why not cut it with the "witch-hunt" and let everybody have this gems of musical history for free over torrent or whatever this Recordings Of independent Origin r being passed on in history?
~peace~

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi, try one of the P2P servers.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline el24

eeeeaaa! thank u for the quick response! didn't got dat..to move over from torrent 2 mega n other servers?? but the main collectors sites all work with torrenting...id have to leave everyone i know there n move to other stuff i neva used...
couldn't be an update of SecureLine with torrent exceptions???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Here's a screenshot for P2P from Windows, Mac should be similar.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline el24

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:54:25 PM by el24 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot