Author Topic: VPN uses blacklisted IP addresses  (Read 2748 times)

Offline ColinWB

VPN uses blacklisted IP addresses
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:31:42 PM »
When VPN enabled there is a regular chance of my email sending getting error message that SMTP server refused a handshake (or similar sort of) I assume the VPN service uses random IP addresses some of which are blacklisted.  I then need to go through the effort of switching off the VPN, forwarding the message from the sent box, editing the Forward part of the email ..... and I'm fed up.

This now happens so often I shall uninstall Secure Line and run the risk of being doomed.

Anyone else had this problem?

Offline pmegg

Re: VPN uses blacklisted IP addresses
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »
Hi, I'm fighting with these efects for months. Today i checked around 25 notifications of blocked emails. The emails will be blocked by spamhouse or by other email-provider of the receipients. The mostly rejected IP-adresses looks like xxx.yyy.zzz.2, 3, 34, 35, 45 or aaa.bbb.ccc.102 or 104. Some other IP's like eee.fff.ggg.x or y or z work. If VPN is OFF, sending Emails works too.
Sadly i will be kicked off permanentlyy by Ebay and by my Email-Providers, because I try to connect with those blacklisted IP's ==> and a lot of works begins, that nobody needs.
QUESTION: Is there any way to disclose those blacklisted Areas (if the software dosen't check it)

If not, then the only thing to do is, to kick off avast secure line VPN!!

I hope somebody has a workaround!

Offline pmegg

Re: VPN uses blacklisted IP addresses
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 11:31:43 PM »
I've send this evening some chr.greetings with the unlisted vpn-ip eee.fff.ggg.88, which is shown in the avast secureline VPN Overview window for 32h.
The notification of both of the rejected emails says "....xxx.yyy.zzz.35..". It seems, that the software changes the VPN-IP's during one sessions, but dosen't show it in the information window!!! Very bad !!