Author Topic: Setting Avast SecureLine In My Router  (Read 13405 times)

Offline SkilletSkool

Setting Avast SecureLine In My Router
« on: October 28, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »
From what I can see, this is something other users have asked about but the latest thread was from 2016.

Is it still not possible to set up today's routers that have a setting page for VPN service(s) to set up Avast SecureLine?

This has become important as we now have guests and temp users of routers that may not have Avast SecureLine set up on their devices even though it may be set up on all of the main users.

If not, is Avast SecureLine looking at doing this?

Offline sepagal1950

Re: Setting Avast SecureLine In My Router
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 12:24:40 AM »
I just bought a VPN enabled router and I need to know how to install Avast vpn to this router.   The router is a UTT AC 60 Dual Band WiFi router AC1200

Offline krahulik

Re: Setting Avast SecureLine In My Router
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »
Hi,
Avast SecureLine VPN service doesn't officially support routers configuration (contrary to our other brand HideMyAss). The Windows and Android clients use OpenVPN protocol for a connection to gateways, iOS and macOS use IPsec. If your router supports one of these protocols, it should be possible to configure the VPN connection using credentials from a desktop/mobile device. PPTP isn't supported. As an inspiration you can follow https://support.hidemyass.com/hc/en-us/articles/202720956-Router-VPN-configuration-Getting-started guide.

Best Regards,
Martin