Author Topic: Blocking Wifi splash/accept screens  (Read 1570 times)

Offline MGL007

Blocking Wifi splash/accept screens
« on: October 29, 2019, 02:16:27 AM »
I am constantly having an issue logging in to some public wifi systems, like hotels etc.  All I know is that when I quit Avast, I can get the splash screen to log in, so there must be something in the settings that is blocking this accept T&C's pages.  I'd like to have the security, but if I cant use the wifi its a problem!  Anyone know what setting I can change to allow the accept screens to turn on?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Blocking Wifi splash/accept screens
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »
I am constantly having an issue logging in to some public wifi systems, like hotels etc.  All I know is that when I quit Avast, I can get the splash screen to log in, so there must be something in the settings that is blocking this accept T&C's pages.  I'd like to have the security, but if I cant use the wifi its a problem!  Anyone know what setting I can change to allow the accept screens to turn on?
It would be great to find out who is blocking the access to this pages. Would you mind to test whether you can access it with Web Shield OFF? It's the only component that might influence it - however it shouldn't.
Quality is also a feature.