Author Topic: avast business antivirus ha cancellato i dati durante linstallazione  (Read 4786 times)

Offline pith-horse

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum, a greeting to all. I have installed avast business antivirus manager sun two pc has windows 7 64 bit sp1 operating system. The installation lasted morltissino, then at the next reboot there were no data in the computers. The desktop with a black background, some folders a few years ago and on the application bar the links you want of the previous programs are installed.
Putting the disc as secondary, flipping through the folders, finds no data even if the space occupied is equivalent to before.
Trying to do a data recovery with data recovery is detected. What happened?
I await your opinion to resolve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:54:21 PM by pith-horse »

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
Re: avast business antivirus ha cancellato i dati durante linstallazione
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »
Hi, I'm a new member of the forum, a greeting to all. I have installed avast business antivirus manager sun two pc has windows 7 64 bit sp1 operating system. The installation lasted morltissino, then at the next reboot there were no data in the computers. The desktop with a black background, some folders a few years ago and on the application bar the links you want of the previous programs are installed.
Putting the disc as secondary, flipping through the folders, finds no data even if the space occupied is equivalent to before.
Trying to do a data recovery with data recovery is detected. What happened?
I await your opinion to resolve the problem.
Have you check the Avast Virus Chest? This is something that will require a case and probably log files. If you haven't done so already, please create a case at Avast Business Support and we may need the log files by following the instructions of Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool. We'll need the File ID and/or filename of the file submitted to our server.
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline pith-horse

Re: avast business antivirus ha cancellato i dati durante linstallazione
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 10:10:26 AM »
Thank you first of all for having responded.
On the two PCs, avast end point was already installed ...., no longer managed by avst.
I have installed EP and installed the agent for the new one. As I said in the other post, the installation took a long time. When the PC restarted I saw that there were no data in the user profile. All installed programs were no longer executed, including office2010.
To try to resolve I have unmounted avast. At the next reboot, windows would not start giving me only blue screens.
I state that this problem I had encountered a month ago from another customer after having installed avast. I thought it depended on a virus in the system. Instead in this case the machines were clean. It is not the first time that avast combines trouble, especially on business versions, so much so that I decided to switch to another product. Meanwhile I have to recover the data to my client that was there before I installed the antivirus. I reported the problem to the support, through my distributor, but to date not yet had news. To the damage also the prank ....!