Author Topic: How to get detailed email threat reports from Business Pro  (Read 2384 times)

Offline KDibble

How to get detailed email threat reports from Business Pro
« on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
I'm using Avast Business Professional on-premises server system (17.x).

When something is detected I receive a very rudimentary email that just says something like "threat blocked". In order to find out what actually happened I have to log into the console. Then I have to go to a specific machine in the devices list to get details on what was found there.

In Avast Business Protection Plus (version 8.x) with the SOA, I could configure the SOA to email me a daily report on all detections that included the specific threats found on specific machines. I could also access this detailed report on the SOA.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this on the new system. I look in "Tasks" and there's no list of task templates, only the suggestion that I start a scan. The Reports section doesn't have anything like what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to get this to work in Business Professional On Premises?

Thanks.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: How to get detailed email threat reports from Business Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
Try on Notifications >> Notifications settings

Reporting on Avast Business Management Console (Cloud and On-Premise) is something that AVAST has to improve.

Offline KDibble

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:02:28 PM »
The Notifications Settings section has some interesting options but not the ones I want.

For detections I can either get an instant email or a weekly batch. I assume a batch would contain more information than an instant email, but a week is far too long to wait for notifications of detections. So I have all of them set to "instant".

There are options for "daily batches" for other types of notifications, but not for detections.

The instant email includes the name of the device and says "threat blocked". If I want more information I have to log into the console. How hard would it be for that instant email to also tell me which shield detected the threat, and the name of the specific threat detected?

Ideally, in addition to getting a detailed instant email that doesn't require me to log into the console to assess the seriousness of the threat, I would also be able to configure a detailed report and have it emailed to me daily, as I can in the SOA. Why was this functionality removed from this version of the system?

Thanks.

Offline Pavel Jirsak

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
We are working on enhancements for our reporting capabilities in Avast Business Management Console.
The threats report will have way more data in order to be more actionable for administrators to take actions upon.

In case you'd like to see how the new reports might work and what functions will be available, I recommend you to register here:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=230137.0

Pavel

Product manager | Taking care of the cloud and on-prem consoles

Do you want to share your feedback with me?
pavel.jirsak(at)avast.com