Author Topic: Problem with new update  (Read 1513 times)

Offline reallusion1

Problem with new update
« on: October 29, 2019, 12:24:18 AM »
Since the update, I'm suddenly getting virus warnings on a program I've previously used repeatedly. One is generic and one is a specific virus. I believe they're false positives, but I'm afraid to ignore them. Can I download the previous version and turn off auto updates? If so, where can I get the previous version.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Problem with new update
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 12:32:02 AM »
I believe they're false positives, but I'm afraid to ignore them.
You are afraid to ignore but want to go back to the version that dont detect? .... where's the logic in that !!!!!

What does the avast messages say .... screenshot would help

How to report to avast lab  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:35:19 AM by Pondus »

Offline reallusion1

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 12:53:03 AM »
Because I still want the protection. I'd also be curious to see if the old version suddenly caught them. I can tell you the name of the 2 it caught.
IDP.GENERIC which seems to often be false and IDP.ALEXA.51 which is a banking account virus.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 01:05:12 PM »
Are you sure that the warnings appeared when the program was updated (more than a month ago)?
Since when (number of days , hours)do you have these alerts ? Do not say "since the last update"
So far, with avast, this type of detection (false positives or not) has never occurred following an update of the program but always following a VPS update regardless of the program version used.
A backup to the old version will not change this, the VPS version being the same for both versions.
However, you can send both alerts to avast.
https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
If these are proven false positives, the next VPS version will fix this.

Offline reallusion1

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 04:30:50 PM »
It started immediately after the last definitions update. My bad. I'll report it.

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 10:13:59 AM »
Hi,

it's hard to answer/fix this w/o sharing of the sha256 hash of the file or link to the virustotal.

Could you please share the file?

Thanks,
PDI