Author Topic: Is Avast server down?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline dcavana_oma

Is Avast server down?
« on: October 31, 2019, 05:52:02 PM »
Booted my win10 laptop this AM Avast won’t come up. I am getting a dialog box that say loading this should not take long. Unfortunately it does not seem to load. I need a resolution because I assume I am unprotected?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Is Avast server down?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »
try restart your computer again

altenativ repair and reboot   >>  https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/Repair-Antivirus

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »
A screenshot of the message may help.

You can attach an image file of the using the 'Attachments and other options' below the reply window.  Click it to expand.

What was it that you were trying to do (or was this just rebooting) ?

As far as protection goes, if you were unprotected, the tray icon should indicate this,  if in fact you have a tray icon ?

The Windows Defender Security Center should also indicate if you are protected.  The windows security centre could also run Windows Defender if Avast isn't running.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline stedmister

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 11:12:24 PM »
I'm having the same issue today as well. I try to repair install, now I'm doing a full reinstall.